broadhead diving to the left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broadhead diving to the left

need some help guys. i usually set my bows up after putting new strings on and haven't had any problems till now. when i shoot my broadhead to do my broadhead tune the arrow dives to the left of my field points. at first i figured i needed to move the rest as usual but this has changed it at all. never had anything like this happen so i'm a bit confused really don't think it's the string and cables but at this point i really don't know.

bow: martin rytera nemesis dual hybrix cams
    string: korbin strings
    rest: quality archery design drop away
    broadhead: dirtnap double bevel

thanks
    bill

Did you check arrow clearance?

Comment

Have u been making that tune shot with the same arrow? Guessing you have carbons. If it's not cut square, or squared after the cut, the insert could be kicked a tad off. It makes that fixed broadhead act like a rudder in the front. Try another arrow for starters. Make sure you are launching the right shaft for your setup as well. If it's noticeable up close, you'll darn sure notice it way out. Good luck. Keep us updated.
      Last edited by BowPro73; 10-21-2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Assuming that your center shot is correct, nock point is correct and that you are not getting fletch contact, arrows with broadheads diving low left is an indication that the arrow is acting too stiff. Two things to try. First add more weight to the tip your arrow or turn up your draw weight and see if either of those correct the problem. What is your draw length, draw weight, length of the arrow, spine of the arrow and tip weight?

Comment

How far are you shooting when doing your tuning?

After doing what 10pt says, my procedure is to back up to 35 yards or so and shoot both. Then adjust the rest left/right until they converge.

Comment

You need to list your spec of bow and the arrows. With out that we can not make a educated guess.

Comment

ok update, it's been bugging me all day so the only thing i hadn't done was adjust my mods. bingo everything settled back into line. thanks guys for the suggestions.

bill

Comment

What do you mean by adjusting mods

Comment

draw length mods

Comment

Working...
                  X