Burleson County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burleson County

Looking at land in north east Burleson County. Curious on the prospects for deer and hogs?

Thanks in advance

There's deer around the lake; I don't know about that area of the county. Hogs come and go. Have a friend that has property in Burleson County and verifies this. If I were you, I'd go stomping through the property (with permission) and look for animals or at least sign. That will tell you what you want to know.

Comment

Agree on stomping through but was hoping any who do hunt or live there to chime in

Comment

Lots and lots of pressure from hunters on every 10 acre tract of land in the county

Comment

The deer are spotty in the area ( and by that I mean from place to place) but there are some decent deer in the area. The hogs are thick in the north east part of the county, but again just depends on the place. If you would like to pm me the general area, I may be able to give you a better idea. There are a couple of us in the general area that could probably help

Comment

Originally posted by buckfever12 View Post
            The deer are spotty in the area ( and by that I mean from place to place) but there are some decent deer in the area. The hogs are thick in the north east part of the county, but again just depends on the place. If you would like to pm me the general area, I may be able to give you a better idea. There are a couple of us in the general area that could probably help
            X2

With the antler restrictions we are getting better bucks every year. I live in the Deanville area and I can tell you for fact, the hog population has skyrocketed in the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Harper24 View Post
              X2

With the antler restrictions we are getting better bucks every year. I live in the Deanville area and I can tell you for fact, the hog population has skyrocketed in the past few years.

We have a family place not far from deanville and agree on the hog population. We have let the deer grow the last few years and they have become all around much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you can get land in a bottom area (yegua) or near the lake, the deer can be abundant and decent in size. I used to have land of 696 and had good numbers with a few really nice bucks showing up on camera. I didn't shoot any big ones. Also had lots of hogs.

There aren't many really big deer though. A guy a couple miles from me shot a mid-140s mainframe 10 with a few kickers and it was the talk of the town.

Comment

Working...
                X