Feeders and cattle???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeders and cattle???

What are some of the GS ideas to keep cows away from the feeder and still feed the deer?
    Thanks!

No problems with our place and cattle. We have stand and fill and winch up. Been doing it this way for years without problems.

Comment

I put up t posts and then did 2 rail of barb wire and it works great, since I didn't do panels

Comment

Just get some stand and fills and call it good . Cows want hurt a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had my feeders in small groups of oak trees. I put 2 strands around the trees fairly tight. Never had any issues

Comment

Barbed wire wrapped around stand and fill.

Comment

Thanks for the info as always!
              I will plan on t-posts and a couple of strands of barbed wire.

Comment

I have pens around 5 different feeders, 2- or 3-strand, and occasionally a cow still manages to get inside, but they are all corn feeders and no problems.

Comment

I have cattle and put up a feed pen with 3 strands of barbed wire and t-posts

Comment

I need to add another strand. Cows get through my two strand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      I have cattle and put up a feed pen with 3 strands of barbed wire and t-posts
                      I use three strands for cows and some “twist stays”.
                      But most of my pens are hog panels (out of necessity) with a single strand of barbed wire along the top to keep cows out.

BP

Comment

Working...
                      X