Arrow Flying Crazy With G5's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Flying Crazy With G5's

I was shooting 3" groups at 40yds with field points, then today put a broadhead (Montec G5) on to test it out and the following shots were completely erratic, hitting 1.5' in every direction from the bullseye. WTH is going on?

Oh so many variables, broadhead alignment, tuning issues (most likely). Study and read about field point and broadhead tuning on archerytalk.com, very helpful.

Comment

Fletching straight, offset, or helical?

Comment

several things will do this. the incorrect reaction of the arrow. to much bend. (weak) not enough drag on the nock end. that is why rocky is asking about fletching. fletching size may come into play also.

FOC is another one. you may not have enough for that head.

the last one is the tune. you may not be as tuned as you think.

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
          Oh so many variables, broadhead alignment, tuning issues (most likely). Study and read about field point and broadhead tuning on archerytalk.com, very helpful.
          I bet there is enough tuning post on this site that he doesn't need to go to archery talk. lol.

Comment

I’ve been using leading edge archery in borne ask for Scott he got me shooting better than I could ever imagine he can be a little hard to get ahold of this time of year due to elk season though

Comment

This has always been my go to for information when I have trouble with arrow flight & broad heads. See the section on broadhead tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by Skipshot View Post
                This has always been my go to for information when I have trouble with arrow flight & broad heads. See the section on broadhead tuning.

http://www.wvac.asn.au/docs/TuningGuideEaston.pdf
                Although this is good. It is not compound friendly.

If a broadhead is hitting to the right of field points you move your rest to the right. The old Easton chart is based on finger shooters.

Comment

Working...
                X