Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful Draw Hunt Result For The Chap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful Draw Hunt Result For The Chap!

Holy crap, after 15 years, we finally drew an Archery Deer hunt at the Chap!!! I'm finally going to be able to step foot on this sacred plot of ground. Need to start doing some serious research about this place. Still can't believe we finally scored!!![emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Congrats & Good Luck!

Comment

It's a cool place but I've only chased quail there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! Their Facebook page is updated pretty often if you want to check it out. Me and my son drew there a few years ago and couldn't go.

Comment

Congrats. It is fun there.

Comment

Been there few years back it’s a great place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations. Warning, don't look under the culvert crossing under the highway!

My best friend, my dad, and I got drawn for an archery hunt there around 1996. We got there the afternoon before the bunt, set up our RV and drove down the highway on the south side of the Chaparral to see what the area looked like and see if we could spot any deer. As we drove across a small bridge, I noticed a heavily used game trail that came through the fence of the Chap, under the bridge culvert and to the property on the other side of the highway. My friend and I got out of the truck to check out the trail and discovered it was covered in Javelina tracks, and left. We went back to the RV and within 2-3 minutes a Game Warden was BEATING on the door and ordered me outside, and everyone else to stay inside. He grilled me wanting to know what we were doing looking in the culvert, as if we had murdered someone and threw their body under there. I told him we were just curious as to what made the trail. After 5 minutes of interrogation, he called out my friend and gave him the same interrogation treatment. Afterwords he said locals would put traps on the trail to illegally catch the game and wanted to be sure we weren't doing that. That is my one and only bad experience with a Game Warden, with an obvious chip on his shoulder.

Comment

Congrats! Pending second draw for us, so basically I’ll try again next year. Please do a live hunt thread when you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                  Congratulations. Warning, don't look under the culvert crossing under the highway!

My best friend, my dad, and I got drawn for an archery hunt there around 1996. We got there the afternoon before the bunt, set up our RV and drove down the highway on the south side of the Chaparral to see what the area looked like and see if we could spot any deer. As we drove across a small bridge, I noticed a heavily used game trail that came through the fence of the Chap, under the bridge culvert and to the property on the other side of the highway. My friend and I got out of the truck to check out the trail and discovered it was covered in Javelina tracks, and left. We went back to the RV and within 2-3 minutes a Game Warden was BEATING on the door and ordered me outside, and everyone else to stay inside. He grilled me wanting to know what we were doing looking in the culvert, as if we had murdered someone and threw their body under there. I told him we were just curious as to what made the trail. After 5 minutes of interrogation, he called out my friend and gave him the same interrogation treatment. Afterwords he said locals would put traps on the trail to illegally catch the game and wanted to be sure we weren't doing that. That is my one and only bad experience with a Game Warden, with an obvious chip on his shoulder.
                  Ha! May do it just to meet the local warden. Obviously I would not be doing anything illegal and if he/she wants to take the time out of their day to talk to me, then so be it. I'll even offer him supper.

I got drawn as part of charrell71's group and am totally excited about this adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
                    Holy crap, after 15 years, we finally drew an Archery Deer hunt at the Chap!!!
                    I did too, but only after my second time to ever apply to there!!!
                    Are you on the first or second hunt?

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Awesome place

Make sure you take measures to combat the pack rats

They chewed the heater hose enough to cause a leak and several other things under the hood

And you just might get a chance to kill a warthog too

Comment

Hey Chris, who's "we". You and your dad? You and your wife?

Comment

Good Luck and keep us updated!

Comment

Congrats Chris. Thats awesome. A Chris and Chris from MoCo hunt. Who else is going?

Comment

Working...
                              X