Marinated Dove heart and Rebecca Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't forget the gizzards and livers!
    the livers are very mild-- nothing like beef liver. dee-LICIOUS!!

Comment

The crop and gizzard are the same thing correct? Not a huge bird anatomist...It's full of all the seeds in the throat?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
        The crop and gizzard are the same thing correct? Not a huge bird anatomist...It's full of all the seeds in the throat?
        Negative-- the gizzard is the muscular grinding organ further down in the gut. It gets split open and the seed & gravel mixture inside it cleaned out.

Comment

Comment

Use a sharp small knife & sorta just push the knife until you hit the gravel/feed sack. Imagine a half flattened football...I like to start one on of the ends (top/bottom) cutting along the line of most outer side tip to tip. Then just muscle it apart in half & pick/peel the sack-o-crap out.

They are good but chewy when cooked along side the hearts & still like them...my mom uses the pressure cooker & gets them tender I'm looking into.

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKSTAR View Post
              Fried dove hearts#popcorn
              The wife wanted to know why there were dove hearts stuck in the popcorn maker... I pointed her toward this thread.

Just a heads up, she's pretty mad.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                Negative-- the gizzard is the muscular grinding organ further down in the gut. It gets split open and the seed & gravel mixture inside it cleaned out.
                My grandfather loved chicken gizzards. I'll dissect more next time and locate these.

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
                  The wife wanted to know why there were dove hearts stuck in the popcorn maker... I pointed her toward this thread.

Just a heads up, she's pretty mad.
                  Good luck with that!

Comment

Working...
                  X