Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lt. Governor Dan Patrick pushes for more background checks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lt. Governor Dan Patrick pushes for more background checks.

Lt Governor Patrick says we need more government background checks on face to face private sales.

AUSTIN -- Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says he's "willing to take an arrow" and defy the National Rifle Association by pressing Texas to close one loophole...

The Texas Lieutenant Governor Message Line: (512) 463-5342
    The Texas Lieutenant Governor Office Line: (512) 463-0001

Comment

He'd be a bonehead (strong possibility with him) if he proposes it as a stand-alone measure. He should make it part of a package deal that also should include all the things that the NRA agrees should be done as well: fixing our broken mental health system, prosecuting known criminals and enforcing the existing gun laws that require follow-up whenever a prohibited person tries to buy a firearm, etc...

Comment

What the carpetbagger should do is resign and move back to Maryland where he came from.

Comment

No, just no

Comment

When that happens I’ll just raise my prices at Johnny’s second chance fire arms mobile office.

Comment

Nope. I’ll be calling and emailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

NRA's response.....

[QUOTE]FAIRFAX, Va.– The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action released the following statement on Friday regarding Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick's recent comments on gun control proposals:

"With due respect, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick’s “proposals” would resurrect the same broken, Bloomberg-funded failures that were attempted under the Obama administration. Like most political gambits, Lt. Gov. Patrick’s “solution” precedes his possession of the facts, including this critical concession by the Obama administration: Criminalizing private firearm transfers would require a massive, governmental gun registration scheme. Instead of trampling the freedom of law-abiding Americans, the government should focus upon actual solutions: fixing our broken mental health system, prosecuting known criminals and enforcing the existing gun laws that require follow-up whenever a prohibited person tries to buy a firearm. In the meantime, the NRA remains at the forefront of legitimate efforts to combat crime in our country. We encourage Lt. Gov. Patrick to join us in support of the same."

/QUOTE]

Comment

Dan Patrick is a liberal pantywaist posing as a conservative. He supports the high speed rail in Texas and now this.

Time for him to go!

Comment

This is exactly why I encourage everyone pay the $$ to get their FFL. Who knows how much longer we have before private sales are banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Boldent2012 View Post
                      This is exactly why I encourage everyone pay the $$ to get their FFL. Who knows how much longer we have before private sales are banned.
                      And what does getting an FFL cost?

Comment

Working...
                      X