No announcement yet.

Rain!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the 18 years we've lived in our house I do not remember the ground being this saturated for this long. I went ahead and mowed yesterday since more rain is coming tomorrow but like Buckshot I got the mower stuck twice. Gonna have to go back in and fill ruts if it ever dries out. At least all the landscape plants are looking great....

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
      I wish it would just rain on my hunting grounds but leave my working grounds alone. This rain is a killer for construction.
      Lol man I hear ya... love to see it in Old Mexico but I'm done with it in the Houston area. Especially after last year, we had several stretches of it 10 days plus straight! One pushed 15.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        In the 18 years we've lived in our house I do not remember the ground being this saturated for this long. I went ahead and mowed yesterday since more rain is coming tomorrow but like Buckshot I got the mower stuck twice. Gonna have to go back in and fill ruts if it ever dries out. At least all the landscape plants are looking great....

My mower hasn’t got stuck but is doing so well keeping up with the grass and weeds either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

RGV is dry. Had another irrigator quit this morning. All farm labor are sting onions and watermelons

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            At our lake in Robertson county we have had 15" of rain since April 1st. It is getting beyond ridiculous.
            I paid a hydo mulcher guy in march for a job in limestone he still cant get in to do

Comment

We finally got 2.4 inches of rain the last few days. We had cracks in the ground and really needed it. Brings us up to 8.95 inches for the yr.

Comment

I sure wish I had more rain barrels to keep and save this heavenly rain for my garden and flowers.. nothing like it... I will not fuss

Comment

Just got an alert on my phone that 3 to 5 inches has fallen in Porter the last couple hours. The next 3 days could produce a lot of heavy rain for some folks.
                  Last edited by hogslayer78; 05-07-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    Jutt got an alert on my phone that 3 to 5 inches has fallen in Porter the last couple hours. The next 3 days could produce a lot of heavy rain for some folks.
                    Thats crazy. These storms are moving so slow. My house near Huntsville just got smacked pretty good, but not as bad as Porter. And theres another cell about to hit SW Houston within the next hour or so. Going to be fun trying to get home from Katy area

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Frain!
                      Nova Scotia weatherman said get your rain boots out.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        Just got an alert on my phone that 3 to 5 inches has fallen in Porter the last couple hours. The next 3 days could produce a lot of heavy rain for some folks.
                        Yep it has been crazy here at the office. There are water rescues going on in kingwood right now. I bet we've had at least 5 inches in the last couple of hours. Our server has been down for a while so we are just watching it flood.

Comment

It’s either gunna rain are it’s not. [emoji2962]

Comment

Coming down sideways in Clear Lake..

Comment

I'm going to plant some banana trees at the camp in Hebbronville this summer.

Comment

High water rescue truck just went by my office. I’ve never seen the water so high on Kingwood Drive!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X