some numbers from the RPM 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post
    It's a good review, if you look at that 350 grain arrow on the 30" draw it goes to 337 fps @ 70 pounds. That is screaming but still not 360, I think anything over 300 is just extra. That's plenty if speed for me
    Would be 343. Add 8#x2

Comment

I was told that you loose about 12-14fps for every " below 30 on this bow. Is this not true?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        Would be 343. Add 8#x2

Yea, not really sure why I only added 10 there. Either way, it's fast

Comment

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post
          I was told that you loose about 12-14fps for every " below 30 on this bow. Is this not true?
          Was told same thing ....if you loom at numbers, nope. Looses the same 10 that every other bow does.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Was told same thing ....if you loom at numbers, nope. Looses the same 10 that every other bow does.

Another number I have found to be true that makes no **** sense to me at all but it's there. When you drop down to 60 pounds you will loose another 2-4fps depending on model. I found that to be true when comparing IBO on a 70 pound limb dropped to 60. Or a 60 max limb. Drop 4-6 for a 50 pound limb.

Comment

So now that the 360 is obviously proven to be a hype as far as fps. What's the better choice, rpm or carbon knight?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                Another number I have found to be true that makes no **** sense to me at all but it's there. When you drop down to 60 pounds you will loose another 2-4fps depending on model. I found that to be true when comparing IBO on a 70 pound limb dropped to 60. Or a 60 max limb. Drop 4-6 for a 50 pound limb.

Now this is good stuff to know. I guess I've never even thought about shooting less than 70 pounds with the high let offs we have. it's not like we are holding but maybe a pound difference, but I've never actually done the math on it

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                  So now that the 360 is obviously proven to be a hype as far as fps. What's the better choice, rpm or carbon knight?
                  I like both.

RPM- faster, more stable, more "tunable", lot of technology

Carbon Knight draws smooth too, much simpler cam system k.I.s.s., priced right.

In most hunting shot ranges the carbon knight will do everything the rpm will....probably will at any distance. Up to shooter to decided if a few extra feet are worth that much more money.... tough call.

Carbon overdrive.........non contender, I was not impressed

Comment

IBO speeds are just a way to compare apples to apples most of the time. Some cams/limbs will be ever ever slightly more efficient at shorter draws or lower poundages than another, but not anything in the real world you'd really care about I think.

I've been shooting 60# for about ten years, but when I finally retired the SB XT a few weeks ago I got my Chill R in 70#. Its 71# on the scale, and the KE and speed are noticeably difference. The SB XT was rated at 315, the Chill R at 342. Now with a 28" draw and hunting arrows those numbers change a lot... somewhere in the neighborhoods of 250 and 290. All that to say, that 10# in draw weight makes a BIG difference in both fps and KE.

There is a great guide out there about the realistic differences in bows and what your money gets you. Its not as much as you think when you jump from $400 to $1000+. Most of that is in "feel" and a little of it in performance. Most of the "technology" is draw curve related and limb stress related. My two cents, YMMV.

Comment

Carbon overdrive to me shoots good. I like the brace height at 7 inch and draw seemed smoother. The 360 draw seems better in the 27 to 28 inch draw length, than at 29 to 30.

Comment

Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post
                        Now this is good stuff to know. I guess I've never even thought about shooting less than 70 pounds with the high let offs we have. it's not like we are holding but maybe a pound difference, but I've never actually done the math on it

After ur 1st shoulder surgery you will wish you've been shootin 60.

Comment

My Evolution. 395 grains. 60 pounds. 28dl. 298fps on 3 different Chrono's. The big companies better look out!
                          Don't remind me, I love my DNA but that Evolution is smokin.

That's why I have no desire to shoot a 70 pound bow, just not enough gain from 60 to 70 pounds. You can drop a few grains on the arrow and make that up easily.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGArchery View Post
                            Carbon overdrive to me shoots good. I like the brace height at 7 inch and draw seemed smoother. The 360 draw seems better in the 27 to 28 inch draw length, than at 29 to 30.
                            Also heard 30 was pretty rough, but I did not shoot it at that length. So no oppinion

Overdrive drew rough to me and after shot was terrible...too me. To each their own. At $950...I'd go 360.

Comment

Did you check the speed drop from 30 inch draw to 29 inch draw. Bowtech told me on a 70 lb bow it would drop 12 to 14 feet a sec. I guess it's because of the way the cam is made.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGArchery View Post
                                While I was in line to shoot the 360, I saw several guys "sky drawing" the bow which led me to believe it was going have a very beastly draw cycle. When it was my turn I asked to shoot the 29/70. Drew it straight back and shot it and thought out of all the bows I shot today, the E35 was the best and Bowtech 360 was 2nd. Regardless of how they determine the speed hype, bows generally don't meet that hype. I will say the RPM 360 was a pleasure to shoot though. Congrats to you guys that have or are ordering one and remember speed is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X