heavy draw weight guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heavy draw weight guys

Anybody shooting (75-80) lb bows, and if so what do you shoot?!

I used to shoot a 80lb bowtech tribute. One thing I found was that I had to change the strings and cables about every thousand shots. Even though they did not show any deterioration they would break somewhere after about 1300 shots. And yes either one or both of the limbs would crack when the string broke. Bowtech took care of the limbs but I just gave up and got another bow but this time a 70lb.

Comment

I haven't shot them real recently but I shot a bison in Wyoming with an 80 lb Hoyt carbon element. Shot a hippo with a 96 lb Athens. Killed my Cape buffalo with a 90 lb bowtech tribute. Right now all my bows are 71-72 pounds. Really enjoy shooting the 80 lb Hoyt with 570 grain arrows.
      Last edited by docmay; 12-23-2015, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I have an 86lb custom build. Love it.

Comment

#83 pound Black Widow
          4 Australian Water Buffalos
          1 African Lion
          1 Cape Buffalo
          1 Elephant

Comment

My Insanity is at 84 lbs. Shoots a 470 grain arrow at 335 ft a sec. Most of my bows have been 80+.

Comment

I shoot an Elite 35 at 82lb and 30" draw. 505 grain Deep Impact moving just over 300. I have gotten a double pass through on two hogs last year with it.

Comment

E35 80lb. It's maxed out but I've never tested the actual poundage. Shoots a 430 grain arrow at 330fps.

Comment

Use to shoot heavy, 80#'s on recurvs and a couple of compounds but age and bad shoulders have me backed down to 70#'s.

Comment

i use to shoot 80 and 85 lb bows 20 yrs ago, back then you could get almost any bow in 80 lbs....these days it's hard to find 80 lb bows....most manufactor's limit out at 70 lbs....i'd like a new Halon 6 in 80 lbs.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

I shoot 55lbs and have had complete pass throughs on my last 4 elk.
                      Poundage should be determined by each individuals strength and capability. I would never sacrifice holding time, ease of aiming, or group size for more poundage.

Comment

Working...
                      X