Does anyone install above ground pools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone install above ground pools?

My mother has had an above ground pool that lasted 21 years. Well last week it busted open, and is ruined now. Her birthday is August 26th. I was thinking a new pool would be a nice gift. I know nothing about them so any advice would be appreciated. If I can't find someone on here, I may try one from Walmart or something. I'm thinking it would be easy to setup for someone that's knows how to do it. I do not lol. The foundation is already there. Thanks guys. She lives in Humble.

I can't help you with a professional installed or fancy one, but my dad bought a $400 one from academy, and he and i bought some sand to level and set it up in 1 day, and he cleans it, all summer and drains and covers every winter, and believe our not this is our 5th summer using it. I've always heard they are good for 1 summer, but not my dad!

Comment

No help here, just amazed at it lasting 21 years! And happy bday to your mom.

Comment

In order to "install" a pool it would have to be in the ground, no? An above ground pool needs to be "set up".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy birthday to your mom, 26th will be my 18th wedding anniversary.

Comment

I have taken the top rails off of mine and put in new liner. You tube is your friend. I use to think that I couldn’t do anything with tools. However, over the years I have learned to do a ton of things from you tube. Gather your family and friends and make a grand birthday party out of it! Good Luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              In order to "install" a pool it would have to be in the ground, no? An above ground pool needs to be "set up".

Install- setup
              Tank-pond

Got it!

If your read past the title I did correct myself and say set up

Comment

Did you get it on video busting Jeff so you can send it in and get a hundred grand from Carlton? Kids and dogs getting washed across the yard?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Install- setup
                  Tank-pond

Got it!

If your read past the title I did correct myself and say set up
                  I did that on purpose ya know. Lol

Comment

Are you really sure she wants another one? Maybe, perhaps, she cut that sucker so it would go away?

If it lasted 21 years, somebody did something very, very right.

Comment

Yes she wants another one. Anyone in Northeast Houston, Humble, Kingwood areas that can do this?

Comment

We had one with sheet metal sides that lasted 20+ years also. Few pumps and liners later but she still swam just as good. Just because it’s an above ground pool doesn’t mean he’s talking about little vinyl ones from the supermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Very productive post.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                            We had one with sheet metal sides that lasted 20+ years also. Few pumps and liners later but she still swam just as good. Just because it’s an above ground pool doesn’t mean he’s talking about little vinyl ones from the supermarket.
                            I guess her old one was sheet metal too. It finally rusted and must have cut the liner. Once the water started it busted a big hole. Unfortunately one was there to video

Comment

We have a 12' X 24' Intex. It's been a good pool. I can set it up by myself. Usually I will take it down in the fall. But I so no reason why you couldn't leave it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X