GRXH 2016 - Revenge of the Hangover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRXH 2016 - Revenge of the Hangover!

Another great hunt is in the books, and, while I say this every year, thanks to everyone who helped out! You couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to share a fire with, hang out, tell stories, hunt, fish and pull shenanigans!

This year was a banner year for female participation, we had 5 women around the fire!

My big camera is broken so I was using my wife's point and shoot; it is still packed away so I will be getting the pixels up later....

We also had plenty of beer; four kegs in camp this year. Mack Haik donated two kegs, Sneaky brought a keg and Briar Friar brought a keg; there was about a third of a keg left on Sunday.

The Brazilian Contingent didn't disappoint either; we had enough cachaca for every one brave enough to dive into that particular pool.

Fish were caught, fires were built, pigs were shot, and we all had a good time; I think the official count is something around 60 fish, 2 pigs, 1 squirrel and 1 rabbit.

As always, the Thursday night feast was one for the record books; ribeye with all the trimmings cooked up by Sackett. Awesome stuff Brutha!

In typical GRXH fashion not everything went according to plan, my tensegrity stand failed dumping me and Wildman onto the ground sometime in the night. Neither him nor I thought it was bad enough to re-hang the hammocks and just finished the night on the ground; yes, it was one of those nights.

I don't think we broke, sunk or damaged one boat this year, so that's another first for GRXH!

It amazes me every year how all of us who met here on TBH can get together and have such a great time in the woods. From the seasoned veterans to the first year newbies, every one pitches in and helps, brings supplies, cleans up and makes it a real team effort.

My Top Ten for GRXH 2016:
    10) Cachaca is the devil!
    9) Erica's machete is bigger than yours.
    8) Never let a Brazilian use the Dutch Oven.
    7) The more kegs the less we remember.
    6) 50 rednecks in the woods does NOT mean 60 pigs on the spit!
    5) Hog Tags gets 'em every year!
    4) Hammocks rule, tents drool (even when the hammock is on the ground!)
    3) Double check the tensegrity stand every year from now on!
    2) Bring a blunt tipped flue-flue arrow every year.
    1) Old, Fat and Drunk is the ONLY way to go through GRXH!

It truly is the best hunt of the year!

Well well well....where to begin....

Before I get to my Top 10:

1. Stinkbelly, sorry for attacking you at some point, thinking you were someone else trying to wrassle me!
    2. Briar Friar - THANK YOU for bringing the pony keg of imperial stout, and for the ride back to 7!
    3. Pepper - Don't poke the bear! I think I'm more sore than you are after our brawl, though!
    4. Chief - I'm glad you got to show everyone that you are the white bass baster!
    5. Speedgoat - Our first meeting was exactly as enjoyable as I predicted, and congrats on the kill and knife!
    6. Sackett - Thanks for the cooking once again!
    7. Rat - Can you imagine at this rate, what GRXH 2020 will be like?
    8. Wudstix and Crod (you are always going to be Crod to me ) - Thank y'all for coming, if even for a little while!
    9. Duchess - Change your name to Duchess immediately.

Now, to the SHAME list:

1. Jackster
    2. Dirtymike
    3. RickyS
    4. PigAddiction
    5. Neano
    6. Yogaball
    7. Gunnyginger
    ...and the others I can't think of at the moment

UNLESS YOU WERE DEPLOYED - YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE! SHAME ON YOU!

With that all out of the way....

The Top 10 Things I Learned At GRXH This Year:

10. 4 Kegs actually IS enough for our crew! Now we know how many to bring each year!
    9. Hitting a pig at 70yds and then another at 80yds two minutes later (on Thursday evening) does NOT necessarily mean there will be a dozen pigs in camp over the weekend!
    8. The Brazilians are multiplying at GRXH like rabbits....
    7. I go into "kill everything" mode when messed with while sleeping!
    6. Hogwing is a lucky, pucky pig!
    5. The two coonarses are a great addition to our brotherhood!
    4. The weather can be SO different from one GRXH to another!
    3. Paul at Double G and Mac Haik in Georgetown are TOP NOTCH AS ALWAYS!
    2. Hammocks will ALWAYS be better than tents!
    1. GRXH FOR LIFE!
    Last edited by Sneaky; 02-22-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Comment

It was a blast as always. I did learn some very valuable lessons.....

1) Don't try to catch your fall against a tree with your face...
        2) Pepper gets choked out very easily...
        3) The only way to drink Hog juice is with whiskey....
        4) Navy Chief can catch some fish.....

There are probably several more but hitting a tree with your face does funny things to your memory...

Comment

Comment

This was my first year but here are my top ten.
            10. Just because there is a launch sight it's still not easy to stay dry entering and exiting a kayak.
            9. Sackett cooks a better steak on a campfire than any steak house can.
            8. Just because your area of camp is peaceful and quiet Thursday doesn't mean Carnival can't begin at a moments notice just a few yards away.
            7. Wild onions will see you through the lean times while hunting.
            6. A little dirt left on the onions add crunch and you can almost think they are funions.
            5. Lucas can chase pigs faster and for longer distances than my out of shape butt can.
            4. Pigs at granger have watched the Matrix. I personally witnessed one dodge a perfectly fired arrow and keep trucking.
            3. The Brazilians waste no part of an animal shot.
            2. Pack less next year.
            1. When leaving the boat launch on the last day make sure your bow is in your truck!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
                10. Just because there is a launch sight it's still not easy to stay dry entering and exiting a kayak.
                8. Just because your area of camp is peaceful and quiet Thursday doesn't mean Carnival can't begin at a moments notice just a few yards away.
                6. A little dirt left on the onions add crunch and you can almost think they are funions.
                5. Lucas can chase pigs faster and for longer distances than my out of shape butt can.
                4. Pigs at granger have watched the Matrix. I personally witnessed one dodge a perfectly fired arrow and keep trucking.
                2. Pack less next year.
                1. When leaving the boat launch on the last day make sure your bow is in your truck!
                Did you get your bow back?

Comment

I don't have 10, but off the top of my head:

Bring a cage if the piglet is going home, bring a hotdog bun if it isn't.
                  Practice at moving targets not a block target.
                  Don't bring a crossbow.
                  Don't bring extra clothes because you won't change even when a pig pees on you.
                  Sneaky is quick!

Comment

Originally posted by Extremehunter37 View Post
                    Did you get your bow back?

Picking it up tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
                      2. Pack less next year.
                      A bow hunter leaving his bow?!?!?!!?

There is some special harrassment that must take place next year for that

Comment

It was the bow hunting equivalent of a microphone drop. I mean I did kill the only Friday pig.

Comment

I had an awesome time, as always. I truly appreciate what the Generals do to help make this event happen. Sackett is the man when it comes to cooking.

Here's some take-aways from the weekend:

1. Watch where you pee. There's a Brazilian around every tree wanting to catch a glimpse of your man meat. Dropem, I mean Duchess knows all too well about this!

2. Either Aaron or Ryan are bound to get bloody or break something.

3. Grinderboy is good for at least one, "Hold my beer and watch this" moment. He climbs trees like a monkey.

4. GRXH is beginning to look like a Brazilian Carnival/Brazilian Hippie commune! It's great!

5. Even when you think you're up wind of the fire and away from the late night noise, Brazilians are bound to move in and smoke out your hammock.

6. PRPaycheck/Jay can sleep through anything and his snoring is like none other.

7. If you bring a tent, expect your poles to be popped out around 4am. And if you bring a hammock, Expect Wildman and TxPepper to try and drop your hammock if they think you're Sneaky.

8. Bowtastic isn't a troll.

9. Squirrel's can run a long distance with an arrow up their backside.

10. I hate poison ivy.

Comment

As aways I couldn't ask for a better weekend. Hanging out with great people and doing what I love Drinking, Hunting and fishing.

1- I feel sorry PRPechek's wife. That ole man can snore.
                            2- Some people can sleep when wild brazillians are having the first GRXH "carnaval"
                            3- Ajcarricktx and I make a good team chasing pigs I just have practice shooting them
                            4- hammock is the way to go.
                            5- cachaca beer and hog juice with cognac will f*** you up.
                            6- Scooter "Tyler" was right Guinness is the breakfast of champions
                            7- Having Bobby (stonecoldboby) around is like having HEB across the road from ur house.
                            8- you will have a whole new respect for a salad after this weekend
                            9- Don't let my brother in law mess with the Dutch oven.
                            10- Pepper I need to teach u some jiu jitsu. That might keep u from getting joked out that easy.

All I got to say now is I can't wait for next year.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X