Shaving stuff...........not razors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaving stuff...........not razors thread

I finally found my dream blade, The Draco 6 blade. My question anyone use the shave butters, or any other pre-shave stuff? Something you feel really makes a difference besides the blade when you shave?

I have tough place under my cheeks that is really a coarse shave patch. I'm wondering if using a different pre-shave gel etc might help. I just use the dollar brand shave foam.

Just don't shave.... Join the crowd!

Comment

Take a hot shower before you shave. Don't dry your face. It really makes a difference

Comment

Well I can tell you that if I used and tried more than once the cheap foam cream and I got a horrible shave and nicks all over every time. I have always used Edge or Gillette Gel for sensitive skin and a good razor blade and can tell the difference like night and day from a cheap blade and cheap foam cream.

Comment

Hot shower, and soap, shampoo, conditioner whatever I grab that will keep the blade from sticking does it for me. I've been using them cheap one bladed orange Bics fooooorever.

Comment

I think I get just as good a shave using bar soap as I do shaving cream or gel. Haven't tried any of the butters or "fancy stuff"!

Comment

I've been experimenting with pre-shave oils lately. Some are gummy, e.g., The Art of Shaving, and I don't really love the way the razor behaves with them (kinda drags across my skin). Others are a little less viscous, e.g., Pacific Shaving Company, and seem to be fine with the razor (seems to protect my skin a little).

But more to the point, I too get cut up something awful with daily shaving. So, I'm trying stuff. And my conclusion (so far) is that the act of wetting my face with hot water and then massaging the skin with the hot water and then using the oil and massagin my skin with that, seems to get the hair follicles up and away from the skin for reduced friction cutting.

That's my experience, but as they say, "Your mileage may vary."

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X