Woodworker Wanted Greater Austin Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodworker Wanted Greater Austin Area

I'm looking for someone to collaborate with on a special item. If you or someone you know are a fine woodworker please send me their website or Instagram so I can see their work.

I just bought a chop saw last week. My 90* cuts are pretty sick! I can also use some finishing nails pretty well. HMU if this sounds like what you need!

Comment

Andy Rawls
      Andy Rawls Fine Texas Woodcraft is a family-owned and operated business located in Boerne, Texas. We specialize in creating custom made solid wood furniture and home goods. Shop online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Houstonhunt View Post
        Andy Rawls
        Andy Rawls Fine Texas Woodcraft is a family-owned and operated business located in Boerne, Texas. We specialize in creating custom made solid wood furniture and home goods. Shop online.

This guy is top notch.

Comment

This guy! A personal friend who is an amazing artist.

Comment

I recently built this. Whatcha think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ikea-bekant-problems-header.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	24551416

Comment

Wow, those guys are top notch. They might be a little out of my price range but I sent a message to Andy Rawls. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
                Wow, those guys are top notch. They might be a little out of my price range but I sent a message to Andy Rawls. Thanks.

What, no love for my table? [emoji51]

Comment

Maybe elaborate on what you are looking for. Lots of different arenas in woodworking.

Comment

Check Copper Horizon on FB. Beau is a friend of mine in Leander. He does all kinds of stuff.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                      Maybe elaborate on what you are looking for. Lots of different arenas in woodworking.
                      I want a nice stitching clam/stitching horse for hand stitching leather. It's basically got to look like a nice piece of furniture to keep in the house.

There was a guy in France making some really nice ones but he quit due to health reasons. There are a few others making some interesting designs in Korea and other parts of Asia.

Pics of a few of the French guy's stitching clams.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by austinRecurve; 08-30-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Here's one from Korea.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That's pretty specific, having one to copy would be the easiest way to reproduce. That is if the angles are important to match.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                            That's pretty specific, having one to copy would be the easiest way to reproduce. That is if the angles are important to match.
                            Angles and exact replicas aren't important. Fine craftsmanship, materials and function are. I'd like to be able to add input along the way. I really want to borrow ideas from a few different models.

Comment

Wish I had a setup to bend wood. Looks like a fun project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X