X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On sale at bass pro. $249 for compass

Really surprising accuracy.

Comment

Academy has them for $275 with a $50 mail in rebate and a $25 Academy gift card.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
        Academy has them for $275 with a $50 mail in rebate and a $25 Academy gift card.
        I couldnt resist anymore and got one. Will only cost me $100 after rebate, $25 gift card and $100 cash that I had as a gift. If it shoots as good as people say, that's a hell of a deal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
          I couldnt resist anymore and got one. Will only cost me $100 after rebate, $25 gift card and $100 cash that I had as a gift. If it shoots as good as people say, that's a hell of a deal.

Don’t forget to study up on the spring upgrade mentioned earlier in this thread ifn you don’t care for the factory trigger pull. It’s well worth the~$10 and time imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            Don’t forget to study up on the spring upgrade mentioned earlier in this thread ifn you don’t care for the factory trigger pull. It’s well worth the~$10 and time imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Will do, thanks for th he reminder. I love a light trigger.

Comment

Here is a group out of mine @ 200 with Hornady Black 140 gr hp.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I went and handled one at Academy today. I am torn on this gun. Obviously it’s know for being accurate but the action and bolt just seemed really rough.

Comment

Flimsy stock, not a smooth action and a trigger that needs help
                  Still the best money I ever spent on Hunting Rifle. I like the rotary magazine and threaded barrel. $125 cheaper that the Ruger American I usually carry.
                  Two more pig kills this weekend for the CR

Comment

This thread is a good read! I just picked up a Compass in 6.5cm when Academy had them as a "hot deal" which brought it down to a final price of $200 after rebate(s) + tax. I also bought both trigger springs and that will be done soon but first I need to mount some glass. I have a Burris MTAC 4.5-14x-42mm on my TC pro hunter and love it so I bought another from natchezz for $219 yesterday. It has a 30mm tube and I'm looking at getting the Burris XTR Signature rings to mount on an EGW 0-MOA picatinny rail.

What do y'all think about those rings & rail? with a 42mm objective should I get the medium-height (1.25" tall) rings?

Do most of you guys just keep rocking the weaver bases that came with the rifle or swap them for something else?

Link to the glass: https://www.natchezss.com/burris-mta...ack-matte.html

Link to the rings: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Burris-4202...h59:rk:19:pf:0

Comment

I have what ever came with mine. Swapping can’t hurt IMO.

I’ll have to look into that scope for mine.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                        This thread is a good read! I just picked up a Compass in 6.5cm when Academy had them as a "hot deal" which brought it down to a final price of $200 after rebate(s) + tax. I also bought both trigger springs and that will be done soon but first I need to mount some glass. I have a Burris MTAC 4.5-14x-42mm on my TC pro hunter and love it so I bought another from natchezz for $219 yesterday. It has a 30mm tube and I'm looking at getting the Burris XTR Signature rings to mount on an EGW 0-MOA picatinny rail.

What do y'all think about those rings & rail? with a 42mm objective should I get the medium-height (1.25" tall) rings?

Do most of you guys just keep rocking the weaver bases that came with the rifle or swap them for something else?

Link to the glass: https://www.natchezss.com/burris-mta...ack-matte.html

Link to the rings: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Burris-4202...h59:rk:19:pf:0
                        Thanks for the heads up about that scope at Natchez. I just ordered 2 of them. Currently have same one on a Tikka 7mm-08 and had one on a Savage 10 FCP-SR that I recently traded. Been looking for a deal on one.

As for the rings, I like DNZ Game Reaper. One piece rings and base. Less to fail. Also, they do a good job on them because when I lap them they are already pretty even. Really dont even have to lap them. Have them in every rifle I own. I think the part number for 30mm medium is 11126 but double check that.

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
                          Thanks for the heads up about that scope at Natchez. I just ordered 2 of them. Currently have same one on a Tikka 7mm-08 and had one on a Savage 10 FCP-SR that I recently traded. Been looking for a deal on one.

As for the rings, I like DNZ Game Reaper. One piece rings and base. Less to fail. Also, they do a good job on them because when I lap them they are already pretty even. Really dont even have to lap them. Have them in every rifle I own. I think the part number for 30mm medium is 11126 but double check that.

I love those DNZ mounts, too! I run them on my TC pro-hunter barrels. Just want a mount with more flexibility for eye relief in case I decide to have my wife shoot it this season

Comment

Working...
                          X