Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Wing. Made in the U.S.A.

Comment

Just checked.....my techno crepes, workboots and hunting boots ALL say made in USA.

Comment

Originally posted by RamalRedskin View Post
        Red Wing. Made in the Michigan
        fify

Comment

I noticed this a week or so ago, but never gave it too much nowadays, seems to be a sign of the times.

Comment

My Justin boots (dress not work) were made in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by gargetter View Post
              What the H---LL do we make in this country today,just print new dollar bills or what?No wonder we are broke!
              The answer to your question: "Not much!"

I've about given up on trying to buy American because a lot of the time, now, it's NOT any better quality and is just more expensive! We've tried the "buy American" policy for years and it's been an abject failure- it hasn't brought business back to the US at all. In fact, we've just watched more and more manufacturing shipped overseas.

Who can blame these companies? Corporate taxes through the roof, shrinking profit margins, labor unions, US workers demanding higher pay for less work/production and consumers clamoring for lower prices- they are being FORCED to outsource manufacturing.

The problem is the American culture of wanting more for less, loosing an interest in working and producing for a living, looking down on blue collar work and dreaming of 'striking it rich' as a shuffler of other people's money without having to get their hands dirty!

Instead of worrying about where the products I buy are made, these days, I'm getting more vocal and active with my politics- hammering every politician I can, blogging, etc. Maybe that'll work better.

My newest pair of (Chinese made) Justin snake boots is JUST as comfortable and just as well made as my previous (US made) pair and they cost me LESS. How's that for scary? Sure scares me because while they're getting better, we just seem to be slipping further and further from being the nation that produces quality products at a fair price.

At least Justin is still American owned and, while they may manufacture products overseas, the majority if the profits stay in the US.

Comment

double h are great boots, and made in USA, some justins are still made here, bought some full quills and they were made in USA

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                  The answer to your question: "Not much!"

I've about given up on trying to buy American because a lot of the time, now, it's NOT any better quality and is just more expensive! We've tried the "buy American" policy for years and it's been an abject failure- it hasn't brought business back to the US at all. In fact, we've just watched more and more manufacturing shipped overseas.

Who can blame these companies? Corporate taxes through the roof, shrinking profit margins, labor unions, US workers demanding higher pay for less work/production and consumers clamoring for lower prices- they are being FORCED to outsource manufacturing.

The problem is the American culture of wanting more for less, loosing an interest in working and producing for a living, looking down on blue collar work and dreaming of 'striking it rich' as a shuffler of other people's money without having to get their hands dirty!

Instead of worrying about where the products I buy are made, these days, I'm getting more vocal and active with my politics- hammering every politician I can, blogging, etc. Maybe that'll work better.

My newest pair of (Chinese made) Justin snake boots is JUST as comfortable and just as well made as my previous (US made) pair and they cost me LESS. How's that for scary? Sure scares me because while they're getting better, we just seem to be slipping further and further from being the nation that produces quality products at a fair price.

At least Justin is still American owned and, while they may manufacture products overseas, the majority if the profits stay in the US.
                  Well said.
                  Dad gummit! I didn't notice it when I bought them, but my Justins are made in China.

Comment

Red Wing is the way to go, I just had mine resoled. They do have a lower line that is made in China. Go to a Red Wing store(not just a dealer), they will fit you and show you which lines are made in USA. Had mine resoled and they are just like new. $50 you ship to them, they ship back. Great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by gargetter View Post
                      What the H---LL do we make in this country today,just print new dollar bills or what?No wonder we are broke!
                      Not much, the American worker has priced themselves out of the market..

Note: A large part of the business my employer does is manufacturing parts to ship to Mexico for assembly... and return to the U.S. for sale to the American consumer...

By the Way... Danner's ain't made here neither.
                      Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 05-04-2011, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Red Wing all the way. I have been wearing them over 20 years. Very comfortable. I wear the Pecos line. Also got a free knife when I got a new pair last month.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Double H boots are still made in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone
                          I have had my Double H boots for 7 years now and I have had no complaints. They are comfortable and the leather has held up from what I have put them through.

Comment

Double H makes a great boot.

Comment

Tony Lama 3R's! They almost look like a dress boot but they're hands down the best work boot made! I make a living in Redwings because I have to wear steel toes at work but the 3R's are all I wear at home for EVERYTHING. 3R is fir ranching riding and roping. Try them out, at $125 they're cheaper than most!

Comment

Have some Double H western boots with a rubber work sole, I've had them for years. Wear them building fence one day, clean em up and wear to church the next. Best boots I've ever owned.

Comment

Working...
                                X