a good soft target????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a good soft target????

what is a good / soft target for arrow tuning? I have a heavy bag target for my compound, and I'm afraid my arrow may be kicking slightly at impact. looking for a soft target to help arrow tuning and that is good for both field points and broadheads.

thanks

A dense foam target is a good bet. I use my Rinehart 18:1 for tuning. I keep a couple of faces "clean" for those types of shooting. There is another thread going on in ATC and somebody mentioned the "Blob" target. Just looked it up and that looks like a great target too. It is best to just stay away from bag targets or those layered foam/carpet targets unless you are shooting from far enough away to see your arrow flight and it's behavior.

And one last thing... when tuning, I can't stress enough how nice it is to do this with another eye watching you. They can do so many things. they can see the arrow flight from a different perspective. They can see if your form is inconsistent between shots. They can help you understand what the groups mean.

I know there is a TBHer on here that has invited you to come shoot with them... I'd take them up on their offer. Well... I have taken them up on their offer and I definitely don't regret doing so

Comment

I plan on it. thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
      X