Messing up our hunt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messing up our hunt.

So me and a buddy of mine were up hunting in LBJ yesterday and the neighborly guy that lives next to the grasslands we were hunting in decided to help our hunt out by shooting his pistol 10 times every 5 minutes, then decided to ride his harley up and down the road in front of the hunting grounds for about 30 minutes, then went back to his house and I guess he figured we needed some music to help with our hunt so he blared some rock music to help us out. This coming weekend I might go Harley hunting, I need to get new arrows anyway.

contrary to popular belief, people have other things than hunting going on where they live every day. before you threaten shooting someone, I suggest you maybe find a different less active place to hunt.

Comment

if you hunt in an active area like that, the deer will let alot of stuff slide as long as they dont feel a direct threat. you coould still have a good hunt. it is what it is. make the best of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBilly View Post
        the neighborly guy that lives next to the grasslands we were hunting in decided to help our hunt out by shooting his pistol 10 times every 5 minutes, then decided to ride his harley up and down the road in front of the hunting grounds for about 30 minutes, then went back to his house and I guess he figured we needed some music to help with our hunt so he blared some rock music to help us out.
        Sounds like a party to me!! As crappy as it sounds, he lives there so he can do what he wants. Whether or not he was intentionally trying to ruin your hunt, it's his right if he lives there.

I tend to agree with the post above, the deer might be used to the noise in that area and might be easy pickins....who knows...

Comment

Call the GW. If he is doing it to hurt your hunting, There are laws to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesR View Post
            Call the GW. If he is doing it to hurt your hunting, There are laws to help you.
            x2

On the other hand I hunted a ranch in Colorado. The guy was bull dozing a pond 24-7 for 5 days. I thought for sure this was going to mess up my hunt. The deer walked right by it. within feet while it was running. Elk also walked within 100 yards of it.

Comment

Me and a buddy were hunting a small tract on lbj and the guy next door saw us scouting and during afternoon hunt had the family out shooting all thier guns back by the area we were hunting and we had shotgun bb's coming thru the woods. I hollered I'm calling the game warden dumba## and it's stopped immediately. Now I carry gamewardens # where ever I hunt. Don't want you hunting property next to theirs but want to put thier feeders on fenceline by public land so they are shooting over fence line. Like they own that property to. We still took 2 bucks off of that area before that. I don't let people walking by or doing stuff like that bother me because the deer get used to it after awhile. I just laugh, until bullets start coming over the fence!

Comment

Sounds like hunter harassment to me. Contact a Game warden, he cannot legally try to ruin your hunting.

Comment

That sucks but i agree with the others, deer get used to racket and noise if they hear it all the time. At least he didn't do this:

Last year on opening day of gun season, i was in my new spot on the back of our property where i had several pictures of a nice bruiser coming to my feeder during the daylight.

I found out that evening that my neighbors were hunting close to that spot too because they rode right along the other side of the fence line to fill up a feeder not to far off from mine while i was in the stand. I was cool with them riding right against the property line until they spotted my feeder and decided to cross the fence to check it out.

Now i dont know if these people are just retarded or what, but its opening day, your crossing someone elses fence line, checking someone elses feeder.... /facepalm... Man i was ******

I let them get far enough into my property and close enough to my feeder to where if i said something, they would know they were tresspassing and had made a mistake.

So they're about 10' from my feeder and i whistle at them and they froze, looking around trying to find me (30 feet up a pine tree).

They eventually spotted me after i whistled at them for the 3rd time and said they were just checking to see which direction im shooting when they can see im obviously faced away from their property. Not to mention its unlawful to shoot to where your bullets can cross property lines.

I should of let them get right up to my feeder, and pulled the tigger to let one off in the air... man i wish i would of....

Comment

We are planning to call the GW if it happens again, at first I was thinking that maybe he was just sighting in his weapon until another guy that was with us was hunting hogs on the other side of the area. He said he saw this guy pull his harley up next to where our trucks were parked and reved the engine for about 5 minutes, another thing that makes me realize it was intentional was right at sunset about 7:20pm all the music and commotion abruptly stopped and didnt resume again for the remainder of the time we were out there.

Comment

I hunt on my 20 acers and that sounds like my nabors.

Comment

The game warden has nothing he can do with someone shooting their weapon or making too much noise on their own property. If the bullets come across the fence then he is aloud to do something about it. Maybe next time don't be hunting on his fenceline so close that he can see you and maybe he won't do that. Us people that live out here don't like the people that come out and can't tuff it up in the woods and just hunt the alleys/control burn lines next to the fence. Therefor we kinda have a right to ruin a hunt. Because if one of our deer come across to you and you shoot it, we cant do anything about it. So we try to prevent that. But the deer are used to the noise. Ive had deer come out 100yds from me while dove hunting. I seen a huge 10 point come out while people were duck hunting not too far from my lease last saturday. If you can't afford your own place to go hunt for the privacy, don't go to the grasslands and complain about the homeowners messing up a hunt. Were scared you'll mess up our land. Two years in a row, a city slicker has figured out a way to start a huge grass fire each time, with each one burning over a 100 acres. actually one burnt over 1000. We have a right to do what we want too on our property just like you have a right to do what you do on the grasslands....

Comment

Originally posted by ExtremeHunter80 View Post
                          The game warden has nothing he can do with someone shooting their weapon or making too much noise on their own property. If the bullets come across the fence then he is aloud to do something about it. Maybe next time don't be hunting on his fenceline so close that he can see you and maybe he won't do that. Us people that live out here don't like the people that come out and can't tuff it up in the woods and just hunt the alleys/control burn lines next to the fence. Therefor we kinda have a right to ruin a hunt. Because if one of our deer come across to you and you shoot it, we cant do anything about it. So we try to prevent that. But the deer are used to the noise. Ive had deer come out 100yds from me while dove hunting. I seen a huge 10 point come out while people were duck hunting not too far from my lease last saturday. If you can't afford your own place to go hunt for the privacy, don't go to the grasslands and complain about the homeowners messing up a hunt. Were scared you'll mess up our land. Two years in a row, a city slicker has figured out a way to start a huge grass fire each time, with each one burning over a 100 acres. actually one burnt over 1000. We have a right to do what we want too on our property just like you have a right to do what you do on the grasslands....
                          You have no right to ruin a fellow hunters hunt....

YOu sir are no hunter if you do this sort of stuff.

They are also not YOUR deer.

LOW CLASS.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtremeHunter80 View Post
                            Wow really? That kind of mentality doesn't belong on the GS. Your deer? Is the place HF? If not then those deer don't belong to anyone but mother nature. Take that bs somewhere else.

Insert witty tapatalk quote here.

Comment

State of Texas owns those deer not you. They give you the privilege to harvest them. Hence the reason you buy a hunting license.

Agreed, that mentality doesn't belong here, and if that's the way you feel then you sir are the problem. Not the hunters that hunt the fenceline and shoot "Your" deer.

Comment

Working...
                              X