Leveling Kit or Suspension Lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveling Kit or Suspension Lift?

So I’m in debate on how to put a minimal amount of height on my ‘12 Silverado to get some 33x12.5x18 tires on it. (Gonna sell the 20’s to see more tire than rim)

2-2.5” Leveling Kit or ~4” Lift kit?

I’ve had small Leveling in the past and have a spacer now upfront but want a bit higher and bigger wheels/tires now (33”).

Obviously Leveling Kit is cheaper and I’m not wanting to spend that much more since wheel/tire combo is already $2400-2500. But would if it’s worth it and could find good deal on Lift.

What are Pros and Cons of both if you’ve had both options done before and do you have models you like better than the other for the price? All info valid.

Also where to get it done in DFW at good price and good work? Have a couple quotes already, just still researching best options. Thanks
    Last edited by mdnabors; 05-11-2018, 11:16 PM.

I had a 2.5 inch level on my 05 Sierra and it made the front a little higher than the back. And it dropped the backend a little bit. I fit 33s on it perfectly fine. I gotta new truck and will probably do the same with it but prolly go with a 2 inch level so it won’t have a Cali lean look.

Comment

Level kit should be fine.

Comment

Bilstein adjustable ride height shocks

Last edited by AgBass01; 05-12-2018, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Ready lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I did level kit on mine because I kept scraping the air dam on everything otherwise I wouldn’t of done anything. I’ve got about 35k on it since the leveling kit with no issues.. I went with pro comp (I think, I’d have to look) because it didn’t require cutting any of the studs like some kits do and it was aluminum blocks not rubber..

Comment

Thanks guys. Leaning towards Leveling Kit too.

Comment

Cheapest option I’d recommend are the Bilstein 5100s, you’d probably benefit by getting a complete set as well in order to get the dampening benefits on all four corners after putting on the heavier wheels and tires.

Since you’re only looking to fit 33s I’d take the money you’d spend on a lift kit and look at a coil over setup for the front with a matching set in the rear. You’ll get much better performance out of the larger diameter shocks than you would on a comparably priced lift kit. You wouldn’t get any more lift out of this setup than the spacer/bilstein option, but there’s a marked difference in how the suspension will perform offroad.

Comment

Readylift and just leave suspension stock unless u are really going for performance which is rarely the case nowadays is go cheap and level it
                  I did on my tundra and I beat the hell outta it in mountains some heavy terrain and 4 low situations and was very happy

Comment

Had a friend do coil overs and is happy too. Another option to consider.

Comment

Purchase a ram or ford and run 33’s stock since their wheel wells are round and not square the way it’s intended to be. Plus neither brand is 2” off the ground. What’s up with Chevy/gmc being so low. Kind of kidding, but if you swing it, coilovers fox or king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bilstein 5100's

Comment

I did a Level Kit on my 2011 and then I went with 33's on it and it sits good and the ride is good.

Comment

Decisions decisions...

Comment

I put a Rough Country 2.5 inch level lift on my 2014 Silverado right after I bought it. I have 75K miles on it with no issues. Right now I am running the Toyo A/T II 285/60 (33.5"/11.5") R20 with no issues and no rubbing at all. It sits level now and about 3-4 inches higher than stock. Looks way better. There are a lot of options out there. Hope this helps. Good luck. http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-level...t-1305-10.html

Comment

Working...
                              X