What broadheads would you shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What broadheads would you shoot

I got in touch with Jeffro and he's building me a couple dzn arrows. Pretty pumped, but I need help figuring out what broadheads to get him to put on for me. So for you guys that shoot wooden shafts, what broadheads would you go with? Which ones do you shoot and why?

LET’S GET READY TO RUUUUMMMMBLLLLE!

I’ll start, my broadheads are awesome and everyone else’s are garbage because....

Comment

Check out Grizzlies and Simmons Sharks .

Comment

For my actual 2 cents, it’s hard to go wrong with Grizzlies.

Comment

I use Ace Standard 125 gr on the arrows Jeffo built for me. Since I'm only shooting 45 lbs, I wanted a 2 blade for better penetration and 125 gr heads kept me in the ballpark for the total arrow weight I wanted.

Comment

Although I do not shoot woodies, I do have a couple of glue on heads that I have used with adaptors with good success. Like anyone will tell you, if you can get them sharp and have confidence in them, then that is the best head for you. I have used the grizzliesd but personally prefer a thicker blade. The zwickies are good and easy to sharpen but still have the thinner and layered blade. The abowyer http://abowyer.com/abowyer_glue_on_broadheads.html heads are more $ but have thicker material to them... yes, I know... you pay half that for 6 heads. But the thicker material heads give me comfort and confidence! To me, comfort and confidence are important. This is the style I like for 2 blade single bevel. If you want a 3 blade head, I like the VPA 3 blades. They are also robust and sturdy!

Find qualities that make you smile and go with it. They all cut if you get them sharp!
            Last edited by gettin closer; 04-12-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

This is just me... and keep in mind I have only dealt with 1 small set of premade woodies and have not made up any woodies myself.

I wouldn't have him glue up anything other than field points on them. If I was happy with them, then I would find a broadhead in that weight and then go through the process of swapping them out.

I had to do this with a really nice set of woodies that was gifted to me. They were too stiff so I had to heat up the head and put a heavier point on it... from there I found some heads that were that weight and put them on.

Since I haven't really had a lot of experience with heads that are glue on only... I can't be of much help. I liked Zwickeys but have recently decided that Simmons sharks are just as tough and seem to cut a lot better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog20/20 View Post

I’ll start, my broadheads are awesome and everyone else’s are garbage because....

Yeah it's loaded I know, but I want opinions and recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog20/20 View Post

I think you stumbled into the wrong forum... it's not like that over here that often.... unless you suggest he glue those plastic broadheads on

Comment

Loved my Iron Will Broadheads this last season.

Comment

Ya these are always good!!!

shoot at the right spot that will make the most difference. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                        Yeah it's loaded I know, but I want opinions and recommendations.
                        This thread is going to spin only because the topic title and the fact that people won't look at what you actually asked...

Too bad you can't delete the thread and title it

What Glue on head would you shoot?

You'd get less non-trad shooter comments. (and yes, I realize I am just pushing this to the top of the main page.)

Comment

Zwickey Eskimo. I like grizzlies as well but Zwickey do a great job for the price.

Comment

Those iron wills are super cool looking but dang they are expensive.

Comment

Also like the VPA 3 blades

Comment

Working...
                              X