DIY hanging feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY hanging feeders

I am looking at changing all my feeders over to the winch up style. I have been searching the web and getting ideas. About how high is the average feeder hang at ? What angle do you set the legs? I am thinking 15 to 20 degree kick and using 20' legs. Keeping the bottom of the feeder around 15-16'. Does this sound right?

Sounds way taller than necessary. I would have the bottom of the feeder 8 to 10 ft max. Tee post the legs into the ground and the footprint doesn't need to be so large.

I would not do a winch up feeder at all personally.

Comment

As long as you got 8’ to the bottom of the feeder your fine. 15’ legs on ours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got these and used the recommended 14’ for the legs. Takes all the guess work out if it.

Comment

Hang them in a tree

Comment

Click here for a very informative thread

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
              Hang them in a tree
              if at all possible do this

after I buckled two "tripod style" winch ups, I started using a design that I can buckle the winch to a tree and crank them up. We have a lot of hogs and even with the legs staked down, hogs were able to really flex them a lot and cause stress on the top plate where the legs all met.

Comment

Originally posted by noflyzone View Post
                if at all possible do this

after I buckled two "tripod style" winch ups, I started using a design that I can buckle the winch to a tree and crank them up. We have a lot of hogs and even with the legs staked down, hogs were able to really flex them a lot and cause stress on the top plate where the legs all met.
                OP using 2" box tubing will eliminate this from happening.

Comment

I have 16' foot legs and now that I'm moving base camp I'm going to take the time to cut them down to 14'. **** near dangerous to try and stand yourself and it was another 20 or more cranks I needed to do every time to lower and raise the unit to fill. And in July every stroke counts!!! �� I will say this I just built my first stand and fill feeder and I think im going to stick with stand and fill from now on! Everything about it was easier.

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                    Click here for a very informative thread
                    For the win!!!

Comment

I hate wench ups, Id rather stand in my truck bed and dump corn in.

Comment

Working...
                      X