Nightstand gun safes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightstand gun safes

I'm looking for recommendations for good nightstand pistol safe. I prefer biometrics or whatever so that I can access easily in the dark or with my eyes off the safe. I bought a Liberty provault pro225 from Cabelas, but the fingerprint recognition is slow and sometimes unresponsive. Does anyone have a recommendation? Price of no concern, I simply want to know that the weapon is secure and readily available when needed.

In as I have the same need

Comment

I've done some more looking online and I think im going to try the Hornady Rapid safes with RFID tags. They claim to be fastest available and have a high security rating.

Comment

Well this thread hasn't gotten a lot of looks, but I thought I'd give my review of the Hornady Rapid safe I purchased. I won't go into all the details because they are easily found online along with some good videos showing it's operation, but I will say I'm happy with it. It has all the features I was looking for and was a good value. It's on sale right now on opticsplanet for under $120, retails around $180-200. I know its not a fire safe and hardly burglar proof even with the supplied cable, but it's perfect for keeping by the bed at night and out of reach of an out of bed 2 year old who is fascinated by things on mom and dad's nightstands. It opens quickly with the RFID tags and the keys are backlit for pin entry if needed. If recommend it to anyone looking for a way to keep their weapons safe from unauthorized use and readily accessible when needed.

Comment

In for replies. I need one too

Comment

I have one like this and have been very satisfied. With just the 4 buttons it is easy to reach over and enter the code without looking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a older Winchester one that has 4 buttons on the top that you can program and it has the finger slots so your hand guides right to the buttons. Haven't had an issue with it and it has served me well. Also came with a set of keys if you wish to use it that way.

Comment

I've got a Hornady that has a 4 button key-pad and can also be opened with a key-fob or wrist band.

The key-pad has large buttons and lights up when you touch it. I configured the wrist-band for my wife but she never wears it.

I have no complaints with it and it works every time I use it which is pretty much everyday. I open it when I go to bed and my wife closes it when she leaves in the morning.

Comment

I need one as well

Comment

I have the gunvault micro. I like the 4 button access. I have one of them with with the biometric and don’t like it as much because I can’t access with my other hand. It only reads one finger.

Comment

What ever one you get make sure to mount it very secure . Mine was stolen with my wife’s diamonds and a pistol.

Comment

Working...
                      X