Adoption questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adoption questions

My wife has battled lyme disease the last 6 years now and with this illness it has put a damper on her being able to have kids and there is a small chance that should could pass the illness to a her new born if she was able to anyways.

With that being said we have talked and are considering adopting possibly. We are clueless on were to even start. We live in Liberty Tx, so a hour or so outside of Houston and Beaumont both. So we know there has to be some good organizations we assume with kids that need homes. We have decided 5 and under would be what we want. The main concern or fear is people telling us that adoption cost any were from 20 to 40k dollars. I called a local agency today and she started throwing numbers out there and the first one she said was 29,500. We are 30 and 31 with me being the primary income . I have a good job and have no problems supporting a family with my income but that's crazy prices when we are wanting to give a child a good home.

So I know there has to be some good info like always right here on tbh, I have read thru a few old post. But does some one have a good contact or good advice that can lead us into the right direction. Know a child or two even that need a good home that are getting bounced around possibly. What does a home study consist of really? what do they look for? Any and all info would greatly be appreciated . We plan to try and attend a informational meeting at one place in Houston on October 7th. Thank you in advance.

Text, phone call, Pm , Public is all good for any response. my personal cell phone is 713 898 6289. Thank you and God bless

I personally can't help you, but I bet SMUMan02 (Jason) can. I'll send him this link.

ETA: God bless you and your wife. I have been blessed with the opportunity to work with orphaned teens in a Christ-centered outdoor camp, and their stories are heartbreaking. In my training, we learned that if ONE FAMILY from every church in Texas would adopt ONE CHILD, foster homes and facilities across the state would be emptied.
    Last edited by Ouch; 09-21-2017, 10:08 AM.

Comment

It will be a long tough process. I had really good friends that were trying to adopt and finally gave up after about 2 years of trying. Don't lose hope though, you will be changing someone's life when it all comes together!

Comment

My wife and I adopted through CPS and it didn't cost us a penny. No reason to pay to adopt when there are literally hundreds of kids in the Texas CPS System that need homes.

Comment

AIM...Alternatives In Motion. Houston, TX. Good folks. got my boy from them 31 years ago. We also kept numerous birth mothers during our wait, about 1.5 years. The birth mothers ranged for girls form Sweden to college girls, UT, A&M, Tech. My wife would pick up newborns and we might have them for 2-5 days, then the new parents & AIM folks would come to our house for a "Birthday" party.

Call them and talk to them.

Comment

I can't help you on any of your questions but as someone who was adopted THANK YOU!

I am sure some folks on here can & will help answer your questions

Comment

My wife works for CPS, she licenses homes for adoption. PM me your contact, I can have her call you when she gets a spare minute. If nothing else she can give you some insight on the process.

Comment

My wife and I adopted three sibling through CPS with minimal cost. We took them into our home in Late July 2007 and adoption was final April 2008. Pretty easy process from my experience.

Comment

Start here: https://www.depelchin.org/accounts/l...next=/adoption

Comment

i have a friend in tyler who does lots of adoptions his name is jason mazingo he is an attny he would be able to answer lots of questions for you as well

Comment

We also adopted through cps. Be sure to get your home study and pride classes done before you start visiting kids. We had heart break where we were visiting with a 4 year old boy on weekends while we were in the process of getting everything in order and cps adopted the kid out from under us. That was rough! Later on we adopted 2 teenage girls from cps. Like already mentioned, there are many kids in the Texas system who need a good home. The foster system is overloaded and in desperate need of help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

you folks who have and want to are awesome!

Comment

Cps is a good place to start. We’ve adopted 8 of our kids through Cps. Also depelchin is an awesome place. We receive post adopt services from them & it helps a ton.

Comment

My wife and I adopted both of our kids through the Lutheran Social Services of the South - now known as Upbring. They use an open adoption system which we really like (both parties get to meet and know each other in an open adoption). Lutheran Social Services charged a sliding scale fee based on your income. We have no regrets. Best of luck to you and your wife.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                              My wife and I adopted through CPS and it didn't cost us a penny. No reason to pay to adopt when there are literally hundreds of kids in the Texas CPS System that need homes.
                              There is a tremendous amount of truth to this. I have represented agencies and I represent folks in the CPS system currently and I do a fair number of private adoptions. There are TONS of kids that desperately need a home. The scourge of meth is leaving kids without homes DAILY in Texas. So you can contact your local CPS office and they can get you started. You will probably have to do foster care too and not everyone can do that, but if you can, it's VERY helpful to the kids.

My office number is 903.630.7123. I am happy to answer any questions that you have to get you pointed in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X