Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OPTICS...Whats yours?

Show us your OPTICS...

My take on optics is this.... You spend $XX amount of money on Gun,Scope,Bow,Arrows,Gear,4x4 for truck,fuel for travel, Lease, Gadgets etc etc etc. Then most outdoorsman will spend the least amount of money on the ONE item you will use the most. The one item that should be the most valuable to any hunter. Your BINOCULARS !!!! At least in my world Binos are a "everyday" necessity, I couldn't imagine a world without them. lol, as you can tell I'm a little excessive when it comes to my optics.

I was going through my things today and decided to clean all my binoculars. I have a pair for everything and everywhere, my truck, my side by side, my blind bag, my elk bag, my kitchen window etc. Not saying that folks should run out and buy a pair of Swaros, I feel you should at least spend what you can afford. The right pair of Binos can last you forever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BINS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	25094360

NOTE: The zeiss classics on the far right were given to me in 1991 this year will be the first year I won't use them. I have decided to shelf (retire) them.

I'm a little queer for good optics. But my disease isn't as developed as yours...

No Leica in the family? Are those Mavens on the left? How do you like them?

Comment

No pic but I only have one now and there all I need for anywhere and anything

10x42 Swarovski EL Swarovision

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
        I'm a little queer for good optics. But my disease isn't as developed as yours...

No Leica in the family? Are those Mavens on the left? How do you like them?
        Had the Leica rangefinder Binos but they were stolen several years ago. They were a little heavy but great glass. The Mavens are my new passion, they are the best (IMO) in their price point.

Comment

OPTICS...Whats yours?

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

10x42 Swarovski EL Swarovision

Same here. Got a great deal on mine from a buddy that wanted the Leica range finding binos. I think I gave him $900 for them. Some of the best money I have spent hunting wise.
          Last edited by HoustonHunter94; 08-28-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

10x42 Swarovski EL
            Same here...not swarovision but not sure my eyes could tell the difference to be honest.

Comment

Since all of my hunting is with a bow and at distances of 5 to 35 yards I never felt the need for a $2000 pair of binos. My little $100 Bushnell Excursions do just fine. Threads like this are nuttin more than a d**k measuring contest.
              I lose.

Comment

I guess if you aren't going to stare out of them for hours on end, I can see your point...there is nothing worse than eye strain. I'm constantly using them when hunting. I view good binos the most important item in the blind. I would rather have top shelf glass & a marginal gun than vise versa.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  Since all of my hunting is with a bow and at distances of 5 to 35 yards I never felt the need for a $2000 pair of binos. My little $100 Bushnell Excursions do just fine. Threads like this are nuttin more than a d**k measuring contest.
                  I lose.

Comment

Nikons, vortex bumps here. I recently moved up in the rangefinder dept with the Leica 1600. Scopes are all leupold. I not sure what measuring contest MB is talking about but I know when optics of tools are your trade no expense should be spared. Scoring/judging deer on the hoof is your job and that job may very well depend on not making any major mistakes. Not sure what he(MB) does for a living but I know buying lower end Bushnell binos to you would be the equivalent of buy a harbor freight wrench rather than a snap-on if you were a mechanic. Someday I'll have some Swarovski or the like.

Comment

I will look at animals through 10X at 25 yards all day long. Couldn't imagine going to the stand without them. Forget to take them one time and you will feel naked!

Comment

I have a pair of Nikon monarch and vortex Diamondbacks both 10x42. They have been fine for bowhunting thick stuff ( I like the vortex better, slightly). But at ranges past 150 or so, I know there are better... For more. I plan to add viper HD soon. I can't justify $1k-$2k glass, but there are those that certainly can

Comment

10x42 Swarovski for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got me a pair of Swarovski binos.

10x42 EL

Comment

Swaro 15x56. I love them and dont ever see a reason to try anything else. Some say they are too heavy and that is why they opt for the 10X42 but with the shoulder harness I have never given them a second thought when traipsing about while wearing them.

Comment

Working...
                              X