No announcement yet.

mud bugs boiled in clean unseasoned water = the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something about the mudbugs this year. Just seem really good and bigger than usually. We did about 110lbs this day. Nothing left.
    Attached Files

Comment

mud bugs boiled in clean unseasoned water = the best

First batch is out [emoji106]
      Getting some soak time [emoji108]

Adding some cored whole pineapple [emoji531] WOW! [emoji108]
      Last edited by RascalArms; 05-12-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

Mid season bump for the BEST mud bug cooking method there is....especially when doing larger quantities. Don’t be afraid to add pineapple boys! Enjoy!

Comment

Been using this method for a couple of years. love it. One question I've always had is how does this method support really large boils like 300- 500lbs. How many sacks will the recipe support? I would assume after a few sacks you spice is getting sucked up and your slurry needs to be added to.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
              Been using this method for a couple of years. love it. One question I've always had is how does this method support really large boils like 300- 500lbs. How many sacks will the recipe support? I would assume after a few sacks you spice is getting sucked up and your slurry needs to be added to.
              This is precisely why we went to and support this method. It is the ONLY way to do it when doing larger, multiple boils IMO. Remember, you are adding “clean” bugs on every batch to the slurry cooler(s). We average 3-4 sacks or around 110-125 pounds during our annual crawfish boil...like the one above. We make 2 separate “slurry mix” coolers and keep adding the clean bugs to them...essentially letting one soak while eating the other. As long as there is enough liquid in the coolers to cover each newly boiled batch of bugs then Bob’s your uncle!!

Comment

Man...I’m gonna need a fix this week [emoji30]

Comment

Made 60lbs yesterday using this method. It was my 4-5 time making it this way and it was everyone’s first time to try it. They all loved and are convinced this is the best way to boil crawfish. They were all pretty apprehensive about until they tried it.....

I’ve never heard about adding pineapple. Sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    This is precisely why we went to and support this method. It is the ONLY way to do it when doing larger, multiple boils IMO. Remember, you are adding “clean” bugs on every batch to the slurry cooler(s). We average 3-4 sacks or around 110-125 pounds during our annual crawfish boil...like the one above. We make 2 separate “slurry mix” coolers and keep adding the clean bugs to them...essentially letting one soak while eating the other. As long as there is enough liquid in the coolers to cover each newly boiled batch of bugs then Bob’s your uncle!!
                    Cool that’s is what I heated to know.
                    Thanks brother

Comment

You guys had my mouth watering...so I had to get a quick fix in tonight at Shell Shack. Not the best I’ve had but not the worst either. Needed some more heat [emoji91]

Comment

tag

Comment

who boils anymore?
                          steam them... drop mic

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            who boils anymore?

steam them... drop mic

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

Bringing this back up top since mudbug season is amongst us...

Comment

Working...
                                X