Unreasonable or in the right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seay View Post
    Custom order something. Not in any hurry to get the item. Given a timeline of 2-3 weeks for completion. Over a month goes by. Contacting supplier through various types of communicatio (pm, posts, and texts) getting a response is like pulling teeth. And the responses have not been followed through with either. In the beginning I paid half of the total. Then when item was complete I paid remaining balance. Still have not received the item nor the photos of said item. (Which were promised twice)

Continue waiting or put supplier on blast?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1/2 up front would have been sketchy for my but complete payment without delivery will never happen.

That said, blast them since they told you it was complete.

Comment

I’m sorry sir. The length and girth did not come out to your specifications. Trying to get it right this time!

on a serious note, I’m in and waiting for the blast! No pun intended...
      Last edited by Sleepy; 05-08-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I smell a roast cooking, let’s eat!!!

Comment

Well folks sorry for the BIG let down but the other party involved came through. Better late than never.

TBH should add something similar to amazon's seller ratings type system just a thought.

Comment

Well folks sorry for the BIG let down but the other party involved came through. Better late than never.

TBH should add something similar to amazon's seller ratings type system just a thought.

Been pushing for something like that for a while, don't think it'll happen. Archery talk has it and that's what has given me peace of mind in making large purchases over there.

I will admit that I rarely hesitate to purchase anything from most members on here due to most of us being a tight knit group, however there certainly are exceptions.

Comment

Glad you got this resolved, but any comments on why the run around?

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                Been pushing for something like that for a while, don't think it'll happen. Archery talk has it and that's what has given me peace of mind in making large purchases over there.

I will admit that I rarely hesitate to purchase anything from most members on here due to most of us being a tight knit group, however there certainly are exceptions.
                I've made significant purchases on here sight unseen, and you are right for whatever reason there has been a nice peace of mind that all involved will hold up there end (in the time frame given). This time it was not the case but hopefully it will end up with the same result just latter than expected.
                I don't think putting someone on blast is necessarily the right thing to do especially because I'm sure that's a big part if not their entire livelihood, but at the same time the money I paid out didn't just fall out of the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                  Glad you got this resolved, but any comments on why the run around?
                  None that justified in my book... (Another customer took to long to get their order picked up so it slowed my order down?)

Comment

How did the product turn out? Got any pics?

Comment

I’ve had a lot of custom made items from quite a few precision rifles, to 20+ knives, to custom metal work. I’ve never had a single one ready in the estimated time. I usually take whatever time they estimate and double it. Only a couple times have I needed them in a rush, and I made sure they knew the deadline. All 3 times they missed their estimate, but still barely made the deadline. I just expect them to be overestimating their time. The lack of communication would be a deal breaker though.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                        How did the product turn out? Got any pics?
                        Product hit the nail on the head. Maybe even a little better than expected. But pics puts vendor out there

Comment

Product hit the nail on the head. Maybe even a little better than expected. But pics puts vendor out there

Dang, I tried lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            I’ve had a lot of custom made items from quite a few precision rifles, to 20+ knives, to custom metal work. I’ve never had a single one ready in the estimated time. I usually take whatever time they estimate and double it. Only a couple times have I needed them in a rush, and I made sure they knew the deadline. All 3 times they missed their estimate, but still barely made the deadline. I just expect them to be overestimating their time. The lack of communication would be a deal breaker though.
                            Last line in your post was the issue in my case

Comment

I am in the 'custom' business.
                              We very seldom request a deposit (generally when we have likely suspicion we'll end up holding the bag).
                              We promise a completion date that is normally a few days longer than we anticipate completing the task (that removes slight delays from creating problems). Also, we like being able to call the customer to tell them their work is done before they expected it.
                              When we run into problems, we communicate with the customer (our boss).
                              There is no excuse for a business to routinely promise a completion date that isn't met. If it happens repeatedly, that means that they knew it wasn't realistic when promised. Why do business with that kind of person/business?

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                                I am in the 'custom' business.
                                We very seldom request a deposit (generally when we have likely suspicion we'll end up holding the bag).
                                We promise a completion date that is normally a few days longer than we anticipate completing the task (that removes slight delays from creating problems). Also, we like being able to call the customer to tell them their work is done before they expected it.
                                When we run into problems, we communicate with the customer (our boss).
                                There is no excuse for a business to routinely promise a completion date that isn't met. If it happens repeatedly, that means that they knew it wasn't realistic when promised. Why do business with that kind of person/business?
                                Not saying this has "routinely" happened but yes sir the way you described they way you do business is what I was expecting... I'm not an impatient person but when my money that I sweat for on a daily basis is spent I'd like to be kept up to date even if it's a "hey I'm behind schedule" update

Comment

Working...
                                X