Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Actually
    When the gov started putting really high fuel economy standards on cars back in the late 80's trucks were exempt. So, manufacturers started putting extended cabs on trucks. That went over well so the started adding 4 doors to truck and now you have the perfect family vehicle
    When I went to buy my first brand new truck in 1976, I was planning on buying a F100. Dealer talked me into a F150. The half tons required unleaded gas. A F150 was classified as a 5/8 ton and could burn whatever you wanted to put in it. Same reason Chevy came out with the Heavy Half.

Comment

Best reason to own a diesel is so the dogs or kids, especially the wife can sit inside the truck
      With the A/C cranking, while I hook up the trailer or fill a feeder it sure does cut out some complaints
      My dad and stepmother have never towed a trailer in their lives!! But they own a very sweet Ford expedition with a 7.3 50,000 miles only used to drive to college station and back on Saturdays (sole reason they own it is they like the cold a/c when in traffic after the game) so to each their own

Comment

I bought my 7.3L 16 years ago because I wanted a truck that maintained its value. Mine has 300K plus miles and I still have people asking me to sell it. I'll drive it for anothet 300k and then sell it for $10k when its an antique.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          Best reason to own a diesel is so the dogs or kids, especially the wife can sit inside the truck
          With the A/C cranking, while I hook up the trailer or fill a feeder it sure does cut out some complaints
          My dad and stepmother have never towed a trailer in their lives!! But they own a very sweet Ford expedition with a 7.3 50,000 miles only used to drive to college station and back on Saturdays (sole reason they own it is they like the cold a/c when in traffic after the game) so to each their own

I'm gonna say that is an Excursion with the 7.3..

Comment

Who cares. I drive a half ton Chevy z71 that’s 11 years old. I use it. It gets scratched. And dirty. And I work out of it a lot. I want a new super duty. I don’t need one. I haul a pallet or two of feed every so often. That’s it. I’ll get one someday. It’s just not worth the money to me currently. But if a fella wants to drive what makes them happy then I’m all for it. I think almost all cars are worthless. Doesn’t mean I have to down someone for having one.

Comment

I hope that I will never have to drive a gas again. Smart your truck is very nice old truck

Comment

I have been driving a diesel of one make or another for 25 years.
                When I sold my farm I traded off my flat bed dualy for a Tacoma pro.
                It pulls my boats ok but it is working its tail off to do it.

I guess I have never given any thought to what some other fellow decided to drive.

If you want a Diesel go get you one.
                Your thread reads like you have been price shopping used ones and are upset they are too high to buy.

Comment

These threads are more often than not about the guy who wants a diesel deep down, may be a slight bit envious/jealous, but either is too cheap, can’t afford, or can’t have a diesel for some other reason. They may not even be able to admit or realize it to themselves. Then they put down, question, and insult the people who can or do have one. All the while trying to justify why they don’t need one, how their gas truck is just as good, and preaching to others who don’t “need” one. For the record I’ve had both and my dad still has a gas 3/4 ton. He at least will admit he wants a diesel but is too cheap to spend the cash

Comment

Yeah if they were the same price

Comment

Let's Discuss Diesel Trucks and Sanity

maybe this will be more suitable for the op. Now since that was said who wouldn’t want to drive a truck like one of these two below??? (One for sure is a members truck, the other is possibly as well, just pics I’ve saved in the past)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by acameron52 View Post
                        who cares?! It ain’t your money.
                        tttthhhiiiissss!!!!!

Comment

He's probably that guy that parks his rice burner at the only diesel pump while he goes in the store to buy a e-cigarette.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
                            Uh, looks like you have an abs problem.

Full Exhaust Break was on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I must be totally insane. I have 2 3/4 ton 4 doors with diesels. Will prolly have a new ford dually by the end of the year. Why? Cuz i Want them. I will prolly sell the old 07 classic duramax very easily for good money.

Comment

Yes you will

Comment

Working...
                                X