2018 Bowfishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAR GUY strikes again!!!!
    I have been out with Steve at least 8 or 10 times over the years. I have never had a BAD trip.......ever.
    Well, the man has outdone himself completely this trip. I told him last year that the goal for 2018 was 7'5".......a fish that would make my 6'3" look small. Kinda like the difference in a 140" whitetail and a BOONER! Steve texted me that water levels were rising on the Trinity as I drove to Louisiana for Easter..... and his message was "Monday" (with hopefully some sunshine) would be primo. I tried to balk due to my traveling but he stayed the course.
    Well, the rest is pure EPICNESS.......again!!!
    7'4", 40" girth and we'll over 200 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180402_123716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	24535446

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Landrover; 04-03-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      GAR GUY strikes again!!!! (-;
      I have been out with Steve at least 8 or 10 times over the years. I have never had a BAD trip.......ever.
      Well, the man has outdone himself completely this trip. I told him last year that the goal for 2018 was 7'5".......a fish that would make my 6'3" look small. Kinda the difference in a 140" whitetail and a BOONER! Steve texted me that water levels were rising on the Trinity as I drove to Louisiana for Easter..... and his message was "Monday" (with some sunshine) would primo. I tried to balk due to my traveling but he stayed the course.
      Well, the rest is pure EPICNESS.......again!!!
      7'4", 40" girth and we'll over 200 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (-;

[ATTACH]903311[/ATTACH]

Just wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

congrats Oscar! that's a fat girl!

Comment

Putting 3 arrows in this BEAST was right up there with any of my animals!!! Getting her to the taxidermist in Grapeland was even exciting........just a whirlwind of excitement!
          Yes, this is the ONLY fish I slung a arrow at during the entire trip. Steve and I agreed that only monsters would be targeted........even with dozens of good garfish being spotted all morning........we were in a zone for a pure trophy!!!

Comment

Putting 3 arrows in this BEAST was right up there with any of my animals!!! Getting her to the taxidermist in Grapeland was even exciting........just a whirlwind of excitement!
            Yes, this is the ONLY fish I slung a arrow at during the entire trip. Steve and I agreed that only monsters would be targeted........even with dozens of good garfish being spotted all morning........we were in a zone for a pure trophy!!!

Congrats! How long did it take to land that thing?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
              congrats Oscar! that's a fat girl!
              Thanks sir..........I call her "Big Ma!!!"
              Originally posted by Muskles View Post
              Congrats! How long did it take to land that thing?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
              About 40 minutes..........I think........lol! Everything was a blurr on this one.

Comment

Holy smokes thats a good looking fish!!!!
                Congrats.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Wow , congrats . Looks like a blast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow!!!! Congrats.... I want a big trophy gar of my own to mount..
                    And to eat of course..

Comment

Thanks sir..........I call her "Big Ma!!!"

About 40 minutes..........I think........lol! Everything was a blurr on this one.
                      WOW!!! That is AWESOME brother congrats

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

Meh, I'd a give her another year... then maybe she'd a been as big as mine, that I stuck with one arra and landed with just a canoe! ... gotta rib ya just a little Oscar!! That's a nice fish!! Steve texted me about it bein' good gar water up that way... Is down on the south end too, but just haven't had time to go out!

Congratulations Oscar, and as usual, GarGuy is THE gar gettin'est son of a gun I ever know'd!

Comment

Holy crap, Landrover. That's a fish of a lifetime for most folks. Great work.

Comment

Great fish congrats!!!!

Comment

Well, there is always a downside to a story. I have 10 people wanting gar meat..........lol!
                              Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Meh, I'd a give her another year... then maybe she'd a been as big as mine, that I stuck with one arra and landed with just a canoe! ... gotta rib ya just a little Oscar!! That's a nice fish!! Steve texted me about it bein' good gar water up that way... Is down on the south end too, but just haven't had time to go out!

Congratulations Oscar, and as usual, GarGuy is THE gar gettin'est son of a gun I ever know'd!
                              YES he is! The man knows more about these dang critters than the biologist that are researching them.
                              Charlie, I would have put 20 arrows in her if we could have......lol.........but once we got her landed we could easily see the 1st shot was spot on and wedged in that girl like a tick on a hound (it nearly came outta the bottom of her)!!!
                              Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                              Holy crap, Landrover. That's a fish of a lifetime for most folks. Great work.
                              Yessir! But now the goal is a 8' footer and "about as round as a barrel"..........as Gar Guy describes them!!! You know I gotta chase SaltwaterSlick.......lol!

Comment

Oscar, did y'all get it on video? That's the one thing I failed to do on mine... After I stuck that sucker, I tried to set up a camera on the old bridge above her, but while I was setting up the tripod, she came out the water like a tarpon and tail-walked... I chunked that camera aside and concentrated on the fish... I gotta do it again so's I CAN get a video! That's a biggun you got. Did y'all cut her open or take her to the taxi directly? I bet she had 20 pounds of eggs in her!! She got a gut fo sho!! Congrats again!

Comment

Working...
                                X