No announcement yet.

Tater salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My family makes potato salad with boiled russet potatoes, boiled eggs, onions, dill pickles, mayonnaise, mustard, chopped cooked bacon, and sour cream.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
      My mom has the best potato salad in the world. Russet potatos boiled till a little firmness left. Let cool, add fine chopped white onion, mayo, a touch of yellow mustard, Best Made pickles chopped, splash of pickle juice, kosher salt, course black pepper, and granulated garlic. I can make this potato salad in my sleep these days and it is always as popular as the BBQ. Also I like to add some thin sliced boiled eggs to the top for garnish.

Winner winner minus the garlic. Hard to beat a piece of white bread folded with some tater salad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My mom has the best potato salad in the world. Russet potatos boiled till a little firmness left. Let cool, add fine chopped white onion, mayo, a touch of yellow mustard, Best Made pickles chopped, splash of pickle juice, kosher salt, course black pepper, and granulated garlic. I can make this potato salad in my sleep these days and it is always as popular as the BBQ. Also I like to add some thin sliced boiled eggs to the top for garnish.
        We make it very similar, we add dill to ours. Good tater salad is hard to beat!

Comment

Here is mine:

Comment

Sounds like ours plus we add celery seed and red onions vs white for color! Very good

Comment

easy on the mustard, just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by ntxshooter View Post
                I use the recipe for "Whole Hog " potato salad from a place in Arkansas. Google it..It's my go to ever since a neighbor made some

Could not agree with this MORE! Whole Hog PS is the bomb! I’ve been making a copy cat recipe version of this for awhile now. My family absolutely loves it and it’s by far (and not even close) the best tater salad in the world IMO. I’m not a fan of mustard potato salads but prefer more of a German style and this sour cream-Mayo version fits the bill.
                Pre warning....it’s not a quick put together process but more of a labor of love.

Here’s the recipe I found on copy cat.

Comment

Above sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Could not agree with this MORE! Whole Hog PS is the bomb! I’ve been making a copy cat recipe version of this for awhile now. My family absolutely loves it and it’s by far (and not even close) the best tater salad in the world IMO. I’m not a fan of mustard potato salads but prefer more of a German style and this sour cream-Mayo version fits the bill.
                    Pre warning....it’s not a quick put together process but more of a labor of love.

Here’s the recipe I found on copy cat.

Funny this thread was bumped today. Just made this today but 1/2 portion recipe.
                    It’s good stuff!

Comment

Google "Amish potatoe salad" we've been using the recipe from allrecipes dot com lately and really like it for a traditional potato salad.

Comment

Working...
                      X