Rifle hunting my jagd is going 100%, she regularly sees critters B4 me

Bow hunting no...she gets too fired up with deer at 15 yards

She wants to go get it RIGHT THEN when I shoot

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
      Rifle hunting my jagd is going 100%, she regularly sees critters B4 me

Bow hunting no...she gets too fired up with deer at 15 yards

She wants to go get it RIGHT THEN when I shoot
      Haha I can picture a dog tearing down the blind after one!

Comment

My gsp goes with me sometimes she sits in the chair next to me and watches

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
          Haha I can picture a dog tearing down the blind after one!
          Yeah considering her not jumping out of a tower blind to get a very close armadillo was an issue one day, 15 yards in a pop up for a deer would end up with me looking for a new pop up...

She has figured out gunshot means she is fineding/fighting something and gets pretty jacked up

Comment

I used to take my JRT with me to the blind, on the boat, or anywhere i went. But now i cant even watch the hunting channel with out him going crazy barking, jumping at the tv when he sees an animal. He used to go retrieve dove for me but now as soon as i raise my shotgun he starts barking! But he is 14 yrs old and still has that drive to work, but he stays at home with mom when i go hunting.

Comment

My uncle would have his chocolate lab buck lay and stay underneath the tower blind. Killed tons of deer up top when buck was below. That dog was so good he would just sleep the whole hunt and walk to the Mule after hunt was done.

Comment

I take Lola with me most of the time while rifle hunting. When she was a pup I took her to bow blind but now too big and any movement makes too much noise. She can be almost asleep and perk up when she catches a scent or see someone move to s rifle.
                Attached Files

Comment

Awesome to see the pups involved!

Comment

I've taken my lab rifle hunting with me. She just lays in the corner on a blanket I bring for her.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      I have taken my dog both bow and gun hunting out of a blind. However, if the warden shows up, it could be misconstrued, especially in SETx.
                      Yes these new “type” wardens have no judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                        Yes these new “type” wardens have no judgement.
                        If you are in the blind what can they say? If the dog was loose that would be different. I mean I guess if your in a county where you can't use dog to track wounded that might be a little different. You have the dog contained though, how would it be different if he was in a kennel on property? He isn't tracking deer in the blind, just keeping you company lol

I feel like this is A. Isbeing blown out of proportion B. You really did something to make warden look for stuff to jack with you on and C. Would get thrown out the first time the judge heard the story ..

Comment

been thinking about taking mine with me this year after I finish my box blind. I got a lacy and a Catahoula.

Comment

I used to take mine every time I was in the stand. He would watch for deer while I napped, then would wake me up by getting "antsy" when he would see one or pretty much anything that moved.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by segbert View Post
                              I used to take mine every time I was in the stand. He would watch for deer while I napped, then would wake me up by getting "antsy" when he would see one or pretty much anything that moved.
                              Good lucking boy. I am trying to decide between a Brittany and a Boykin right now!

Comment

I have taken my heeler many times to the bow blind with me. He just sleeps on the floor. I also have a barn cat that will follow me out to the woods and if I get up in my treestand he will climb the tree and hang out on a big oak branch the entire time I hunt. If I hunt from a blind he goes to the feeder and hunts birds. Deer don't seem to mind him at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X