Flex Fletch Vanes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flex Fletch Vanes?

I have always used The Blazer vanes and I haven't any problems. I know the saying "If its not broke don't fix it" but I'm just wanting to try something different. I have a short draw length of 26 1/2", it's set at 65 lb., and I use 100 gr. Swhacker broad heads. I have went to the Gold Tip Kaos arrows and I'm wanting to use the Flex Fletch vanes. I see a lot of different sizes but it seems like the FFP-360 is the most common on hunting shafts. They are 3 5/8" +/- overall length so is that ok for my short arrows or is that to long? Thanks for the help!

I can't remember which vanes I used by Flex Fletch, but I really like the vanes, just couldn't get them to stick to the shafts very well. Tried using acetone to clean off the adhesive on the vanes and then gluing, but it still didn't work too well. I also think that blazers stear bh's better, but that's just my opinion. As for toughness though, the Flex Fletch vanes get my vote all day long.

Comment

I use flex fletch. Tough vanes.

Comment

I use FFP-360's: tough and quiet. I prime with the suggested Zing Primer and have no problems with adhesion.

Comment

Ffp 360 hard vane to beat

Comment

Is that long of a vane ok with this short of an arrow? That is probably a dumb question but I am learning and I thank everyone for their input.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearbarrow View Post
              Is that long of a vane ok with this short of an arrow? That is probably a dumb question but I am learning and I thank everyone for their input.
              No not at all. Before the short vans came out most arrows where fletched with 4 in vanes

Comment

30yrs ago i was putting 5 inch vanes on 26.5" arrows....nothing wrong with 4 ".

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

im currently shooting the Flex Fletch Silent Knihht 300 vanes.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Thanks for all the info everyone. I have those FFP-360 on the way .
                    Last edited by Bearbarrow; 11-13-2015, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearbarrow View Post
                      Thanks for all the info everyone. I have those FFP-360 on the way .
                      Great vane. You do have to to a little more prep on them vans

Comment

Working...
                      X