IKEA buying large tracts in East Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IKEA buying large tracts in East Texas?

Anybody see this? Article is from November but says they purchased 42,000 acres including land in East Texas as part of their conservation efforts.

Forestry is big in their part of the world. I dont know what their definition of conservation is as their stores and products are incredibly odd.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm curious as to what their idea of conservation is too

Comment

Gotta have lots of trees to be able to keep pumping out that cheap *** excuse for furniture.
        Kinda like the steakhouse owning the feedlot

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
          Gotta have lots of trees to be able to keep pumping out that cheap *** excuse for furniture.
          Kinda like the steakhouse owning the feedlot
          Vertical integration is absolutely a brilliant business practice. I am hoping they are practicing forestry and not environmentalism![emoji848]

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Vertical integration is absolutely a brilliant business practice. I am hoping they are practicing forestry and not environmentalism![emoji848]

a quote from them in the article has a quote from them about "responsible forest management" and "sustainable foresting" so I be they're going to be cutting. Reading more on it and a couple other articles it sounds like they but these timber tracts as an invest piece and are betting on timber prices increasing globally. It just happens to be nice that their marketing team can sell it as conservation. Good business move by the Swedes

Comment

They own a few wind farms, so this doesn’t surprise me...

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                a quote from them in the article has a quote from them about "responsible forest management" and "sustainable foresting" so I be they're going to be cutting. Reading more on it and a couple other articles it sounds like they but these timber tracts as an invest piece and are betting on timber prices increasing globally. It just happens to be nice that their marketing team can sell it as conservation. Good business move by the Swedes
                Well alrighty!!! [emoji108]
                We dang sure been waiting on some legitimate pricing for the last 10 years.....come on global demand!!![emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

I wouldn’t bet the farm on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    I googled to see if they were goofball environmental tree huggers but not getting much.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Based on their business model they’ve been doing with their European timber tracts I would. It reduces their cost and covers them as “eco friendly”

Comment

Maybe they will start selling hunting cabins and deer blinds in a box with 124 pieces and messed up instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          Maybe they will start selling hunting cabins and deer blinds in a box with 124 pieces and messed up instructions.
                          and the whole thing will go together with a 3/16 allen wrench

Comment

The Swedes have a thing called "The Right of Public Access", meaning anyone can enjoy land in Sweden, including private land, with a few exceptions. I would sure think they wouldn't mind people walking on their land here and maybe taking a deer or two if their country has a national law allowing people to access private land at will.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              I have a feeling they will start giving a map to a tree with a number and tell us it's the new shelf, desk, bed, whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X