Glock 40 or XDM 10mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock 40 or XDM 10mm

Looking at buying another 10mm pistol. I currently have the 29SF and it carries pretty well. I am really looking for something full size with a little better accuracy. Looking for more of a range gun and something to carry while hunting and possibly shooting a pig with with. Any advantages of one or the other? Both the 29SF and the XD40 I have both fit my hands pretty well with the mag extender. Just looking for input on the two different guns. Thanks

To me the xdm seems better out of the box (trigger, sights etc). On the flip side a glock is a glock, they work and there are a lot mor accessories and upgrades available for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You'll get 100 different opinions and none are wrong. I don't like XDs one bit so would choose the Glock.

Comment

XD if for nothing but the trigger.

I would probably look at a RIA double stack 10mm as well.

Comment

Here's my G40 10mm. I absolutely love it. I have a Lone Wolf threaded barrel, and a Lone Wolf Alpha Wolf compensator. Eventually hoping to get a can as well. A company called Flux Defense makes WONDERFULL toys for the Glock as well. Which I have on my pistol as well, and its a little more interesting with 33rd extendos (which I have 4 of) brought to by the awesome people at Kriss USA. So IMHO, go ahead and get you a Glock G40. You can thank me later.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Plain I like the XDM, but glock offers more "stuff" and will handle reloads much better than the XDM.

Comment

Springfield cut back-room deals at the expense of gun owners and funded anti-gun bills....

They'll get no more of my money besides the fact that I don't and have never liked XD pistols.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                You'll get 100 different opinions and none are wrong. I don't like XDs one bit so would choose the Glock.

Ditto. Don’t like the XD at all after my miserable experience with an XD45. Changed to Glock and have never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

XD/XDM are fine guns, i have shot ~70,000 rounds through them. If they didn't work, i wouldn't keep shooting them. The only issue I ever had was a broken aftermarket trigger spring. 99 percent of what i shoot are reloads, so i don't know what the post about xdms not doing well with reloads is about. I have shot a sub 4 inch50 yard group off hand with my carry gun, an xdm 3.8 compact in 40, if I could figure out how to post a pic i would. I don't care what the OP buys, glocks are fine too and if the gen 4 was out when I first started shooting i would probably shoot glocks, but good glock triggers are not as good as good xdm triggers and perfect reliability (other than the one noted above, added to the fact that I have seen plenty of glocks choke too) makes a glock seem a lateral move at best for me, so i have just kept shooting xd series guns. Anyway OP, shoot them both and see what you like, both will be good guns

Comment

Both are good. You won't pick the wrong one. I prefer Glock myself and have owned both. I prefer the G20 over the 40. I don't use optics on pistols though.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

had a couple of glocks and never liked either one of them, they just feel wrong to me,, springfield any day!

Comment

I had a Glock 40.
                        Sold it and bought a xd combat essential in 40 sw, way cheaper to shoot,just as accurate, and with Underwood 155 xtp ammo it leaves the same hole the 10mm did in hogs and deer

Comment

I have an XDM and put a powder river precision trigger kit in it. Made a good trigger great!

For those who don't know, the XDM has a "match" barrel thus the M. It is definitely more accurate than the standard XD.

Comment

I love my G40

Comment

Springfield FTW

Comment

Working...
                              X