Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know anything about these or own one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know anything about these or own one.

Target Tease wants us to start riding bikes some. Found these and like the look, but just wondering if they will be more trouble then what they are worth.
    Anybody know anything about fat tire bikes?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415229900.185675.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	25036214Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415229914.438197.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	320.8 KB
ID:	25036215

I've never ridden one, but heard they are good off road.

Comment

They will probably be harder to pedal than normal. I went from a 2.0" wide tire on my bike to a 2.35" tire and it was noticeably harder to pedal.

Comment

They are fun to ride on trails if you keep the air pressure low in the tires. If you air them up too much, they will throw you all over.

I don't know what your budget is, but you can check craigslist for a good used hybrid bike if you will be riding on the road mostly, or a decent mountain bike if you will be riding trails.

A decent hemet and lights are a must IMO.

Comment

They are beach bikes made to ride easy in the sand

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
            They are beach bikes made to ride easy in the sand
            Sand is the only thing I could see them excelling at.

Comment

There are a lot of those hitting mountain bike trails everywhere! They are awesome to single track with, unless you're get too much air in the tires. Then they are a little sketchy.

Name brands such as specialized and sully have models that are $2000 plus!!

Comment

Are they as heavy as they look?

Comment

I know about Fat Tire Beer.

Comment

Originally posted by papabearclif View Post
                    I know about Fat Tire Beer.
                    X2

Comment

Originally posted by Putemdown View Post
                      Are they as heavy as they look?
                      They don't seem to be, or at least to me they are not.

Comment

Looked at them too for my boy. How old is your rider?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                          They are fun to ride on trails if you keep the air pressure low in the tires. If you air them up too much, they will throw you all over.

I don't know what your budget is, but you can check craigslist for a good used hybrid bike if you will be riding on the road mostly, or a decent mountain bike if you will be riding trails.

A decent hemet and lights are a must IMO.
                          Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                          There are a lot of those hitting mountain bike trails everywhere! They are awesome to single track with, unless you're get too much air in the tires. Then they are a little sketchy.

Name brands such as specialized and sully have models that are $2000 plus!!

Mostly will be ridden on roads but might be some gravel roads also. And if I ever get to make another trip to Hagerman, it might be pulling a small tralier. I have seen them others in the 2k price range. If I'm going to spend 2k on a bike it will have a motor on it! LOL. There is a 29" wheel mountain bike that I like also, but I keep going back to the Fat Tire bike.

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post
                            Looked at them too for my boy. How old is your rider?
                            Looking for me, so 45, 5' 11", 330#'s for now. LOL. I figure fat boy better ride fat tires.

Comment

Personally for recreational purposes and riding both road and trails, I would go with the 29" mountain bike. You have a lot more tire options that will help with the ride comfort.

Comment

Working...
                              X