X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Happy to find the rare NM meat tree)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Absolutely incredible! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Hell of a hunt. Congrats on an awesome bull!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 9
          I slept in this morning to 7am and it was awesome. I made some oatmeal for breakfast and picked up camp. I got everything loaded and got my boots on for the last load. I felt pretty decent on the way in but definitely not 100%. I loaded the last boned out hind quarter, boned out shoulder and then neck meat in my pack and headed back for the last time. I made sure to take about 10 minutes soak it all in on this load. I gave my all on this mountain and it definitely repaid me. After soaking it in it was time to get it done. I put my headphones in and went into grind mode. I crushed the last load. I think I got the last load out in around 1:30 which is almost 30 min faster than my first load.

I am extremely proud of this bull but I am also proud of the fact that I was able to pack him out entirely. I took really good care of the meat and it should all be perfect. It would have been really easy for someone to only make 2 loads or take smaller loads and claim that the meat spoiled or that they physically couldn't do it.

I am home now and can't believe how awesome the trip was. My entire body is sore today but it was definitely worth it. I'm glad to be home with the wife and kiddos.

I'm gonna post some more thoughts on gear and things that made a difference on this trip when I get time.

Comment

Way to go JT!

Congrats,

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

BIG Congrats on a well deserved elk. Helluva a hunt and story. Thanks for sharing. I was really impressed with the broadhead last week on my bull. Glad I made the last minute switch to it.

Comment

Great write up. I look forward to your gear list especially a pack that didn't fail with a third of a freaking elk in it going heavy nearly 14 miles.

Comment

That whole story is just totally awesome. Congrats!

Comment

Awesome write up. Congrats again. Definitely a hunt of a lifetime

Comment

Really awesome. ...congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome, congrats!

Comment

Congrats again. Awesome recap and great bull.

Comment

Awesome recap man ! Bring those antlers when you come to get your Pronghorn. Your taxidermy bill is gonna be huge !

Comment

Heck of a hunt!

Comment

Absolutely incredible, enjoyed reading every word. Congratulations

Comment

Working...
                                X