Got the crap scared out of me yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the crap scared out of me yesterday

So I'm b-bopping down through old Temple in the Titan on my way to get a starter relay for my SxS. As I'm coming over the bridge my rearview mirror lights up with the red and blues. Oh crap, what did I not do?? So I wait for the light to turn green so I can pull off and into a parking lot just off the intersection. Park, turn the truck off, pull the keys and put both my hands out the window with my keys and ID's. The officer kindly walks up and say's, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" No sir I replied. That TBH sticker on the window. I'm a member as well and thought I'd say hello. Officer J. Ness of the TPD you got me and good. Honored to meet you sir. Really enjoyed our talk. Please be safe out there brother. See you down the road.

Respectfully
    Ben Marks
    SSG, USA (R)

Hahahaha

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am surprised he would do that.

Comment

Lol

I had a state trooper buddy do the same. Let's just say he had to hurry up and turn off the dash cam.

Comment

I've seen a few TBH stickers around town while on patrol, and I don't think I could use my red & blues to pull one over just to say hello. That'd be an unpaid vacation for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not trying to get anyone into trouble. Made sense to me. Got my attention, Explained himself and I appreciate the courtesy. I try to meet and shake the hands of LE every chance I get. LEO's are people too doing a thankless job so I have no issue, ZERO with his actions. Very nice man busting his hump trying to keep our senseless society safe. No concerns from me who's the good guys and bad. To all our LEO brothers and sisters. I got your 6! Ranger on.

Comment

Hey Ben, long time no see! Cool story and I'm sure the LEOs on here appreciate your support.

Comment

Hey bud. Hope all is well with you

Comment

lol that's some funny stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
                    I've seen a few TBH stickers around town while on patrol, and I don't think I could use my red & blues to pull one over just to say hello. That'd be an unpaid vacation for sure.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Agree with this.

Comment

Had the same thing happen to me a few years back in Baytown. No more TBH stickers on my vehicle after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post

Trying to say hello from a marked vehicle isnt as productive.

I tried red/blues once and the dude literally went across 3 lanes of the beltway and exited

True story.

Tried to shoot a guy on I-10 once and he just looked at me funny and slowed down. Saw mayor Mary once and didnt even bother waving

Comment

If he only knew....

Comment

TBH to me has been a LIFE SAVER. Last I'm saying this. It was my honor regardless of the situation. It appears that there is some issue with what I posted. I get it (21yrs U.S. Army) PROCEEDURE(s)...... Regardless I appreciate the officer taking the time to say hello. How else we ever gonna meet. We tag our vehicles with TBH stickers and gear. If you don't want to have any interaction then don't tag your vehicles. I got family in LE. I'm good no matter how I meet other family members from TBH. Isn't that what we are about???????????

Comment

Ohh Todd let's save that for Bownanza brother. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Comment

Working...
                              X