Bow blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow blind

I made this bowblind out of pretty much scrap wood my father gets from a place they make horse trailers, we gathered the scraps they would cut of the floor boards, ripped em to 2X2 and so on. I also got some boards from the local skate park when they were building new ramps. Had the tin laying around. My dad is handy with power tools Total cost was probably less than $100. 5 sheets of Luan board, oops paint, some screws. Had all the hinges and what not laying around. Its is 5X6 essentially with the front in shape of an octagon. I did not do the angled cuts just screwed them together and will trim it out later. I will put the trim on every part where the plywood meets. The windows are some luan that I put hinges on so you can open or close, the side windows will mainly stay closed. Going to get inside and spray every gap I see with expanding foam. Will post pics after I am finished. I had to improvise to keep cost down Notice the 2 4x4 blinds behind this one, we got alot of wood Nice stencil custon camo, gonna do more but I was freakin tired of painting. The blind is basically 5 feet in back by 4 feet sides, then about 22 inches to front octagon, easy to draw in, I am not a big fellar so it fit just right. We made a 5 x 4 base then added the octagon on the front, few minor f ups and craps but she will do the job I hope.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Drenalin_Ag99; 02-25-2009, 10:01 PM.

Very nice!! Hopefully there will be arrows flying out of those windows

Comment

looks great

Comment

Wow that would be top of the line for cheap!!! Like Cast said "hope to see arrows flying out of thoes windows".

Comment

It will make its way to old glory in stonewall county soon enough, hopefully in one piece Prob just going to set it on cinder blocks to keep off ground a bit.

Comment

That turned out great!!! Congrats on a nice inexpensive blind!!!

Comment

looks like it will do the job

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

sweet skilz!

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Good job

Comment

very cool. I like that

Comment

Thats awsome I would like some deminsions and inside pics might have to build one of those

Comment

Looks great! Always better to build your own and when you shoot your first game out of those windows, that'll be the icing on the cake.

Ron

Comment

Working...
                              X