No announcement yet.

how many stop bow hunting after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunt 99% of the year: deer, pigs, exotics (unless it's flying)

Comment

Once I get a buck on the ground I'll usually bring out the rifle every now and then. I really enjoy shooting long guns so it's only natural to wanna shoot some critters with them. Culling on a place with an MLD permit usually suffices the rifle needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm pretty much bow only but I enjoy guns and have nothing against them. I shoot something with a rifle every now and again. This year I wouldn't mind killing something with my 45-70. May give it a go. I like stuff up close!

Comment

Bow only all the time

Comment

Bow only from Sept til January. I will cruise on the golf cart with a cold beer and an AR15 for pigs in the off season. However I'll bowhunt then as well.

Comment

Bow only unless I’m invited somewhere, then it’s their choice- really the only times I’ve been invited somewhere (and that list is very short) they generally only have rifle set ups.

Comment

Just bought a bow, so will be using it as as soon as I get some more practice in. Will take the rifle sometimes,but honestly, have lost desire to shoot deer with a rifle for the most part. Hopefully ,the bow hunting gets the fire lit up again.

Comment

I hunt with my bow as much as I can. But I’ll carry a rifle with me for giggles. Or the doe or buck that won’t come in to bow range and wanna stand out there giving you the eye or the doe is making a bunch of racket

Comment

Pretty much bow 99% of the time for me. If I have the opportunity to do it with a bow, I will every time. I went one whole season two years ago and hunted 100% bow and killed the two best deer of my life doing it. If invited to a HF ranch I will only bowhunt too...makes it more of a challenge and honestly I enjoy seeing all the animals up close and unaware much better, even if I'm not after them. About the only thing I don't bring the bow with me on is speed goats, and its because theres just too much water where we hunt and too open to really have a decent chance with a bow...and would be excruciatingly boring.

Comment

Solo in the mornings is 99% bow. Only time I bring rifle out on a solo hunt is when I want a few does at the end of season or if it's drizzle/rain and cold. Then I choose the box blind over the ladder stand. I need to get an enclosed bow stand so I can bow hunt in that kind of weather also.

I rarely hunt evenings in bow season. One it's usually too hot most of the season so getting in a ladder stand and sweating a lot, I try to avoid. I don't want them scenting me or knowing which way to look. I'm also color blind so finding blood trail at night is very tough and takes a long time if no one else is around. Once gun season comes around, I will bring it out for evening hunts.

With kids 100% rifle for now.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                        During any hunting season, I bowhunt.
                        Me too---except I can't bowhunt during the ML season--

Comment

I bowhunt most all of the time as my son does as well. May pull the rifle out end of year for a meat hunt for sausage and burger.

Watching an axis buck walking by you at 5 yards is an incredible feeling as you are sitting on a tripod...no cover. I love the challenge/thrill of it. If I bring home a deer fine...if not...oh well...

Comment

I go back and fourth. I bowhunted 6 long sits early in the season but then got frustrated and took my rifle.. still didn't shoot anything.

Went on an axis meat hunt this weekend and took two with my rifle. I'll probably try to get back on the bow now that it's cooler but probably back to the rifle around rut if I haven't had much success.

I really enjoy taking a few beers to the box blind with my rifle from time to time.

Comment

shoot i'll hunt anything i can legally by any means that are legal. from rats with a sling shot to dove with a recurve (actually killed one in flight once) to deer and pigs with bow or rifle. i enjoy it all to much to limit myself

Comment

Bow hint in October at the lease then gun, but I'm also on bowhuntiing only public land from Oct.21 to Jan.21

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X