Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acorns - is it raining them in your area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acorns - is it raining them in your area?

My lease in Ft. McKavett is never end thud sound on my ground blinds.

Yep. Watched a doe and her fawns coming into a corn feeder Sunday evening. The fawns came in and ate the corn. Momma stayed about 50 yards out and ate acorns right off the trees. Was never interested in the corn. Looks like about 3 days worth of corn under that particular feeder.

Comment

No acorns down here in hidalgo county, I don’t even think there’s an acorn tree on either of the properties we hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As any as I've ever seen in Austin and Burnet counties! Harvey knocked alot of little ones down in Austin county so maybe that will help, but the trees are still loaded.

Comment

yes covered and at my house....Hunt at night with thermal. Pigs and deer eating under oaks

Comment

Acorns have a tendency to kill a lot of our hunts early season. This year is no exception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes... I got to witness it increase during the opener. On Friday... there was just a few acorns on the ground... pretty spotty actually. Saturday, the deer were coming to the feeders. Sunday, I noticed the sound of acorns falling... By Monday morning it was a constant drizzle of acorn falling noise and not a single deer sighted near the feeders.

That, the weather forecast, and other smaller factors is why I didn't stay an extra day.

Comment

Not many acorns on my Trinity River bottom property, and not many on my place in the north end of Liberty county either... few overcup (burr oak), and red oak, but haven't seen a pin/water oak acorn yet... Ground is clean from all the water so if any were falling, they'd be easy to see/pick up... few deer n hog tracks in the flats, but pretty much no rooting so far... can't seem much on the trees either.

Comment

Tons of Acorns in Victoria but they still cannot resist vanilla corn!

Comment

No in S Houston.....

Comment

All over the place in Fredericksburg

Comment

Yep every "OAK" on our pasture in Kingsland is loaded or unloaded at this time.

Comment

Covered near Junction, one deer at feeder all weekend. Saw lots on the hills browsing

Comment

Nothing like watching your target buck eat acorns for 30 minutes under an oak tree...80 yards away.

Comment

Abilene area, I'm set up in and oak and not one acorn fell Sat morning, same tree Sat evening had about 10 fall off. did not see a deer all weekend. Have deer on camera coming to feeders up to two weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X