No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put my friend's son on his first redfish last week. He started off with a good one as it was almost 26". Best part was he got it done on a topwater. He's now hooked on kayaks and saltwater fishing.
    Attached Files

Comment

She did great...made it about two hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Went by Field And Stream in Cedar Park on the way home from the lease today... found a decent deal and now we have two...

Comment

Spent my Sunday rigging up storage system for ours. If there has ever been an example for buy once cry once this was it. More later

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
            Went by Field And Stream in Cedar Park on the way home from the lease today...]
            That's my neck of the woods. Congrats on the new yaks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
              That's my neck of the woods. Congrats on the new yaks.

Me too..and where I picked up my daughters yaj

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                Me too..and where I picked up my daughters yaj

Cool!

I'm taking mine out in the morning fishing.

Comment

I put up a very nice Jackson Cuda for sale in the classifieds if you look or search ( Man toys ) ......

Comment

Did an overnight yakpack trip on the Animas River with the family yesterday and finished up today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1499053052.426550.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	24501492

Video to come!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Did an overnight yakpack trip on the Animas River with the family yesterday and finished up today.

[ATTACH]860903[/ATTACH]

Video to come!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JacobTyler View Post
                        Took it out to lake conroe for a couple hours. Put in at april marina and paddled out to the power lines. Water was a little choppy but not bad. Was my first time on conroe and i learned my lesson. The yak tracked a million times better then my 10ft pelican but it didnt track perfect. If your picky about tracking then it could benefit from a rudder. Its crazy stable. I can go from seating to standing no problem at all. It took wakes from the side from some of the wake board boats and never felt like it was going to throw me out even with the seat in the high position.
                        Did a little fishing and got a cat but most my time was spent paddling the yak and keeping my head on a swivel for other boats. Its by no means fast but was faster then i expected for a 12 ft and wide yak

Can the back caster wheel be bought at Home Depot or somewhere other than a kayak store? I am looking for a cheaper version and not paying $46.

Comment

Did a little Bass fishing from yak on Buchanan this weekend, drop shot with anything they had a chartreuse tip tail was on point. Didn't get to as much jug fishing as I wanted but pulled out one decent blue. I didn't get to bait them the last night because some idiot ran a jet ski up on shore and I was doing a little first aid on a young girl who we on board at the time of the accident, they were very fortunate no one was killed or seriously hurt.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4001.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	24501528Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4041.jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	24501529Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1860.jpg
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	24501530Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1856.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	24501531Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1851.jpg
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	24501532Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1850.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	24501533Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1843.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	24501534Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1841.jpg
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	24501536Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1838.jpg
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	24501537Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1832.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	24501538Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1828.jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	24501539

Also has anyone ever paddled and fished the Llano from Castell towards Llano? If so how long of a paddle would it be, when I crossed it the other day the flow was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Took my kayak out to lake nacogdoches this morning and caught more than 30 bass using a white fluke. I was just following the schools around and it seemed like every cast until I ran out of flukes. No big ones but Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2 mods today!

Changed out the seat to a stadium seat I had sitting in the garage (because Brazos Hunters looked more comfortable than mine) and made a PVC kayak cart (cost $16 because we had the wheels already off an old water tote that was no longer in use)

Comment

I ask the question that was asked above.

I'm up around 300 lbs. How well would one of these fit me or I fit it? I would like to stand in it if at all possible.

Are the longer ones better for all round water, smooth, windy?

I don't live near Austin so I'm doing some research before I get real serious.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X