Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storage Ideas for Rod and Reels

Alright Boys and Girls,

My garage door thoroughly hates fishing poles....I have a small area between the edge of the door and the corner of the building where I keep my poles. Three of them have been broken over the last few years by my scheming garage door.

I am a much bigger hunter than fisherman so my rods dont get treated as nicely as my bow and firearms. I know some of you guys have a boat and will tell me to keep them there. No boat...My barn is full so I am trying to figure out how to hang them up off of the floor. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Run pieces of rope through 2 4’ Long pieces of1 1/4” pvc leavingabout a foot sticking out of each end. Use washers and screw the ends of the rope to the ceiling, leaving the pvc hanging parallel to the ceiling. Space them about 5” apart and lay rods on top. You can do it above the garage door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a wall rack from either Bass Pro or Cabelas. They're fairly cheap.

Comment

I don't have a great pic on my phone, but you can zoom in to see them above the golf cart. Just 2 board hanging with half circles cut out for each end to rest in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I made a rack along the ceiling... I will need to get better pics but here is what it looks like. And of course the pic is upside down
          Attached Files

Comment

Guys, I may not have made this clear. Looking for a wall option....tall ceilings and I'm pretty short!

Comment

Go to the dollar store and get some bright colored pool noodles for a buck apiece. Four feet long and cover most of the rod and eyes, and keep all the lines from getting tangled. Then just stack them in the corner.

Comment

Keep mine in a wooden rod rack, but working on cleaning up the garage to fit both vehicles so might have to switch to a wall mount as well.

Comment

I keep mine in my bedroom closet. I tried leaving them in the garage but they get dusty.. you can get wall mount rod racks oncamazon.

Comment

I made some rod containers, not sure what to call them. I have had many rods damaged over the years, both storing them and hauling them around in the truck. So years ago, I got some PVC pipe, either 4" or 5", not sure what size, then bought two threaded ends to put on each end. Then I bought two caps. I have to remove the reels. I put them in a bucket with a lid. I have not had any damaged rods since. I keep them in that container in the shed. Then I keep them in it, when we go on trips to the coast. In years past, every time we took a weekend trip to the coast, before we got home, we would usually have two damaged rods. Because something in the back of the truck would bounce around and smash one or more of the rods.
                    I cut the PVC tubing to 7 1/2', if I remember, that way it fits in my 8' truck bed without any problem. Then any of the rods we have, will fit in it. I made another one for the surf rods also. I can get four or five rods in the container. It's a little bulky, but it put a end to many rods getting smashed or the ends snapped.

Comment

Buy a boat and keep them in the rod storage locker

Get some rodsox and reel covers. Shove them up in a corner.

Comment

This is what I use on my ceiling, so it should work great on a wall.

Comment

I have these and like them.

Cobra® Garage-Door Storage Rack

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that is awesome^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                              I have these and like them.

Cobra® Garage-Door Storage Rack

This. I have the garage door rack and it’s great.

Comment

Working...
                              X