Difference between TBH and other forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between TBH and other forums

I was on another forum where a new bowhunter was asking for suggestions. When I gave my suggestion, the thread got siderailed with guys bashing me for having an ego and having unachievable expectations from shooting a bow in the back yard. I mean people attached my character. Never had that here on TBH.

What do you think? Below is my exact wording from my suggestion.

"Practice until you are hitting a 3" circle at 40yds consistently. This will make you VERY accurate at typcial archery distances of <30yds. If you shoot with anyone that is happy just to hit a paper plate or a pie plate.....make excuses next time they ask to shoot and go shoot by yourself. If you only have 20yds to shoot.....practice hitting a quarter size dot. "

---------------
    And here are some of the responses:
    "If all bowhunters had to have your qualifications to archery hunt there wouldn't be a lot of us. I know a lot of bowhunters and I don't know of one that can consistently hit a quarter size dot at 20 yards much less shoot a group of arrows in a 3 inch circle at 40 yards. And we all consistently kill deer and rarely wound one. "

"Just for the record, and this is what p!ssses me off the worst about internet forums and some of these backyard pros. If you can constantly hit a quarter at 20 yards and your groups are always 3" At 40 you can make a living shooting a bow.

Thing is, the people who make these claims (1) set unreasonable expectations for others who don't know. And, (2) although they may have hit a quarter once at 20 yards or shot a 3" ,group at 40 in their back yard, flat ground, no wind, no pressure, they'd melt like a stick of butter on a hundred degree day if they ever had to prove themselves in front of other people."

There are other Internet forums? Who knew!!

I just keep it around TBH and to heck with errybody else. [emoji1365]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck, Sounds like you hurt somebodies feelings. Im just average and rarely practice.but can shoot quarter size groups at 20 most any day of the week., My advice is just stay on this forum.

Comment

TBH is the only reason I have internet.

Comment

They didn’t like your advice because it’s calling all of them out. They don’t think aim smal miss small. They think aim in that direction and prey. Don’t lose sleep over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post
            They didn’t like your advice because it’s calling all of them out. They don’t think aim smal miss small. They think aim in that direction and prey. Don’t lose sleep over it.
            Sleeping like a baby. But I did find it strange that people have that attitude. I mean, when they sight in rifles, do they put the crosshairs on the bullseye or just in the general direction of the target? Gosh....

Comment

“Had to have your qualifications to bow hunt” - appears you never said these were qualifications in order to bow hunt. You were simply offering advice on how to improved ones skills. This place is different from most. Good ppl around here.

Comment

TBH is awesome....but it does have it share of A holes too

Comment

Ha! I can definitely see where you post came off badly. Most of the time I see a post like yours, I just ignore it and move on. I wouldn't label you because, well I don't know you and you are probably a swell guy. I tend to reserve judgement of folks on the internet until I meet them in person. And I've only met one person who was actually as off putting in person as the were here on the forum.

But since you are looking for answers as to why you got blasted by people with thin skin... here is why:

If you shoot with anyone that is happy just to hit a paper plate or a pie plate.....make excuses next time they ask to shoot and go shoot by yourself.

This comment right here was totally unnecessary and did nothing to make your point except to make you seem like an elitist. Saying that you need to make an excuse to not hang out with what you'd just labeled an crappy archer is well... a pretty good trait of being an elitist bud.

You may have had pretty good standards and advice outside of that... but that comment right there pretty much made all that irrelevant.

But hey, I don't care... I've never met you in person... and until that day... I'll just assume the best of ya... until you actually prove otherwise. The Lord knows I have inadvertently put my foot in my mouth on this forum before... so I am not one to throw stones.
                  Last edited by SwampRabbit; 09-20-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                    Yeh, but they are like the uncle that is always at deer camp, and you would miss him if he didn't show up.

Comment

Well, I would be kind of happy to hit a paper plate consistently at 40 yards ... but, then, I shoot a recurve.

Your advice doesn't seem unrealistic for a compound, I suppose. Certainly, not worthy of character attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

But since you are looking for answers as to why you got blasted by people with thin skin... here is why:

If you shoot with anyone that is happy just to hit a paper plate or a pie plate.....make excuses next time they ask to shoot and go shoot by yourself.

This comment right here was totally unnecessary and did nothing to make your point except to make you seem like an elitist. Saying that you need to make an excuse to not hang out with what you'd just labeled an crappy archer is well... a pretty good trait of being an elitist bud.

You may have had pretty good standards and advice outside of that... but that comment right there pretty much made all that irrelevant.

But hey, I don't care... I've never met you in person... and until that day... I'll just assume the best of ya... until you actually prove otherwise.

Point taken. Thank you. As I intended it to come across as "surround yourself with people who will push you to be better, IF your goal is to get better." Now that you showed me your point of view of my text, I can see where you are coming from. Funny, thing is, that point of view was the furtherest from my mind. Thank you.

Comment

I can't shoot groups any more it gets to expensive.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

When reading it for the first time the words "make and excuse and go shoot by yourself" jumped out as being a deuche. I'm sure thats what got them riled up.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                              Present!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X