No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering if that was still there. I shot the deer and the dust wasnt clear i was dragging him out. 3.5 no1 buck is the finger of god. It will probably be rotten by the time i get back from afghanistan. Im thinking of putting a cheap stand there.

Comment

Guys,
      I am thinking about doing some scouting next weekend in AREA I. If anyone plans on being out there let me know. I will be there on SUN most likely in the late afternoon.

Comment

I'm in. What time were you wanting to get started?

Comment

Hello Guys,
          I know it is at your own risk to put stuff on the public lands but is it legal to place a feeder out there. I want to put one on the Island but I have had conflicting reports. I am hoping to get some feedback from you guys here. I am fairly confident that it is actually illegal to do on the WMA's like the state park but unsure about Twin Buttes. Thanks for your feedback,

Comment

Originally posted by howhandi View Post
            Hello Guys,
            I know it is at your own risk to put stuff on the public lands but is it legal to place a feeder out there. I want to put one on the Island but I have had conflicting reports. I am hoping to get some feedback from you guys here. I am fairly confident that it is actually illegal to do on the WMA's like the state park but unsure about Twin Buttes. Thanks for your feedback,
            Don't know the rules out there myself but I think you can put 1 up don't think it will last long out there lot of traffic will Also get hunted I'm sure

Comment

Allowed by state regulations.... NOT allowed by City Ordinance.... Worse come to worse... the City of San Angelo Lake Maintenance workers find it and if they feel like working that day, they take it down and haul it back to their yard on Fishermans Road... To regain possession of your property you are written a citation by San Angelo's Finest... Meaning don't put anything out there you couldn't go without... Many of us TBHers put out feeders on Twin Buttes and they are USUALLY never messed with by fellow TBHers but can't say the same for John Doe Public... But the location you have chosen to hang your feeder will be completely safe from COSA workers... they never really go that deep into the bush so I can say with confidence that if it goes missing it was not the COSA workers it will probably be a fellow hunter... probably my favorite kind that walk around smoking a cigarette carrying a shotgun in old army greens with a coke bottle in their pocket attempting to kick up anything big enough to die...

Question for rbertman in reference to howhandi comment: Is putting a feeder on San Angelo State Park not allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                Allowed by state regulations.... NOT allowed by City Ordinance.... Worse come to worse... the City of San Angelo Lake Maintenance workers find it and if they feel like working that day, they take it down and haul it back to their yard on Fishermans Road... To regain possession of your property you are written a citation by San Angelo's Finest... Meaning don't put anything out there you couldn't go without... Many of us TBHers put out feeders on Twin Buttes and they are USUALLY never messed with by fellow TBHers but can't say the same for John Doe Public... But the location you have chosen to hang your feeder will be completely safe from COSA workers... they never really go that deep into the bush so I can say with confidence that if it goes missing it was not the COSA workers it will probably be a fellow hunter... probably my favorite kind that walk around smoking a cigarette carrying a shotgun in old army greens with a coke bottle in their pocket attempting to kick up anything big enough to die...

Question for rbertman in reference to howhandi comment: Is putting a feeder on San Angelo State Park not allowed?
                No feeders are allowed at San Angelo state park you can feed but it can only be hand tossed

Comment

Hey Matt what's up bro!? Long time no see!

Comment

Hey Matt what's up bro!? Long time no see!
                    What's up bud. Studying for finals right now, workin, and Fishin
                    What about you?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399387949.920271.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	24302760

Bowfishing like a boss... You fishing out there on northpool where the water is being pumped in from south pool??

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399388070.602756.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	24302761

South pool gonna be a puddle pretty soon so we need to get out there and set some lake records while the gettings good!!

Comment

[ATTACH]619128[/ATTACH]

Bowfishing like a boss... You fishing out there on northpool where the water is being pumped in from south pool??
                          Yeah I been fishing out there catchin some huge cats.

Comment

Yeah sorry Bud just read this no you can only feed bye hand but hell you can carry 50#s a day in if you eant

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                              Yeah I been fishing out there catchin some huge cats.
                              Think its about done out there Matt went today didn't see a fish one caught but hollar I show you a pic of the 80 pounder that was caught Friday afternoon. and then saw a 62 and a 74 caught Saturday along with quite a few others

Comment

I am going to go find me some of those huge carp to bow hunt crap them are big

Comment

Working...
                                X