What attractant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What attractant?

Okay.. enough is enough. I checked my camera today.. Feeder has been out for 3 weeks. Have deer tracks 20 ft away from feeder, just out of camera view. Have corn and buck candy in the feeder.. Deer hasnt touched it. Ive got 1 hog on camera.. used buck candy last year too, with ZERO results.. ive given it 2 trial runs.. im done.

what other attractants do yall use, EXCEPT for buck candy, cause im no longer a believer.

Oh dang!! I was just about to order a bag of Buck Candy

Comment

There must be some other factor. What kinda deer doesn't like corn OR buck candy?

Comment

I use BB2 Big and j product in one feeder and buck candy in another. BB2 Comes in 6:20:40 Pound bags and a bit pricy but seems to work well. As does BC works well also.

Comment

Im stumped as well.. feeder is on good trail, close to water, had pics last year of deer 40 yards away from this spot.. i just dunno.. i have the apple scented buck candy, and i think its just too strong of a unknown smell, its just spooking the crap out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
            Oh dang!! I was just about to order a bag of Buck Candy
            They come in jugs and like any attractant sucess wil vary. We dumped some on the ground first time it has ever been to our lease and a doe licked it off the ground... every speck. We have pretty good feeder activity and it hasn't picked up nor slowed down. We put in the feeders, but we also dump it on the ground just to see them lick it up. Of coarse on trail cameas it just looks like they are eating corn.

I've had decent luck with acorn rage in this part of the state, asumming you are hunting Grayson.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
              I use BB2 Big and j product in one feeder and buck candy in another. BB2 Comes in 6:20:40 Poindexter bags and a bit pricy but seems to work well.
              my buddy uses this as well.. come in a 50# brown bag from cabelas?

Comment

I've had good results with BC in stx idk why it seems to work better in certain regions but I have one feeder with BC an one without in etx an deer only come to the one without BC idk if it spools them cuz it's so unnatural an tgey relate it to hunting pressure here in etx? I don't know? With that said in BC fairness I've never seen an attractant work in etx! Prolly because there's no deer! (beat y'all to it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                  They come in jugs and like any attractant sucess wil vary. We dumped some on the ground first time it has ever been to our lease and a doe licked it off the ground... every speck. We have pretty good feeder activity and it hasn't picked up nor slowed down. We put in the feeders, but we also dump it on the ground just to see them lick it up. Of coarse on trail cameas it just looks like they are eating corn.

I've had decent luck with acorn rage in this part of the state, asumming you are hunting Grayson.
                  yup, grayson county.. the best one ive used was the sugar beet "crush" made by wildgame innovations.. but at $9/bag, it was a tag expensive.. guess ima have to start spending the money again.

Comment

Have you always used buck candy at this feeder? If not did deer come to it when it was just throwing corn?

Comment

this is the one hog though... first hog ever seen on property.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        Have you always used buck candy at this feeder? If not did deer come to it when it was just throwing corn?
                        always used buck candy.. this is only my 2nd year on the property

Comment

I have been a believer in Beast Feast since I had deer walk past acorns to get to hand corn with it

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                            always used buck candy.. this is only my 2nd year on the property
                            Could be it then. With as much success as it seems some of the guys have had with it though I'd think some percentage of the deer would be attracted by it.

Comment

How much Buck Candy did you put in the feeder? You could have over done it, if that is possible. I have had great luck with it in our feeders in Red River and Harrison Counties, the deer came to it like they had always eaten it.

Comment

Working...
                              X