best cordless tools for the $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best cordless tools for the $$

Looking at buying cordless tools. I went back to corded 4-5 years ago but now needing cordless. I would like to hear input on all-HF Hercules and Bauer, then the big dogs- Milwaukie, Dewalt, Bosh, Hitachi, etc.

Drills, 3/8" and 1/2" Impacts, 1/4"drive, skill saw, saws all are the main tools I use. The main cordless would be 1/4' driver, drills and impacts. With HF tools I can get an extra 20% off(friend works there and I can get her discount.
    So all that said, whats your fav? I am leaning towards the Milwaukie myself just due to the tools available.

Milwaukee all the way. Crazy how much power these things have and also being compact.

Comment

x2 Milwaukee, 18v big ones, buy the kit with drill and impact. Commercial plumbing, new construction. All day every day for about three or four years. They still work great. Baby sawzall and circular saw are great buys, tool only, off amazon.

Comment

Dewalt is my choice! They have a great deal going on at Home Depot too! Just a couple extra batteries and you’ll be good to go! 499.99 for this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like my Milwaukee set, 3 years old and no issues so far.

Comment

Be advised to check mfg part numbers. All of the big guys build cheap sets for big box stores with cheaper internals for lower prices.

Compare apples to apples.

Comment

Rigid....Great Warranty

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                Milwaukee all the way. Crazy how much power these things have and also being compact.
                Yep love mine

Comment

Milwaukee. Have beat mine silly and they come back for more every time. Planning on getting a 12v set at some point. Want the 12v ratchet really bad.

Comment

Milwaukee by a long shot, I’ve got probably 10 different 18v tools that I use all the time for commercial construction and they all work great.. dewalt came by and tried to get their business, gave a few dewalt sets to the guys to try out no one has flat out hated the dewalt but everyone agreed they want to keep their Milwaukee..

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                      Milwaukee. Have beat mine silly and they come back for more every time. Planning on getting a 12v set at some point. Want the 12v ratchet really bad.
                      Ibuse the 1/4 and 3/8 ratchets daily there awesome saves me wear and tear on my hands and makes me money on my work orders

Comment

Milwaukee all the way. The batteries last incredibly long. Tools are strong and durable. Versatility on what the batteries can power. The 12v and 18v are great tools.
                        34 years in construction and these cordless tools have come very far. I have drills, hammer drills, mini band saw, sawzall, 12v ratchet and bought a 18v blower to clear trails to tree stands.

Comment

Rigid, look up there package s and stalk the sales

They have full lifetime warranty on all parts INCLUDING BATTERIES!

The only tools that last close to as long is Milwaukee, but they don't cover the batteries in warranty the same. I used to sell Milwaukee. Rigid all the way now

Comment

Yep, Milwaukee all the way. I use mine daily, and there is no comparison between them, and everyone else(excluding Hilti).

"Rigid, look up there package s and stalk the sales

They have full lifetime warranty on all parts INCLUDING BATTERIES!"

Yep, if you want to replace tools on the regular, they are the brand. Also, that lifetime warranty on the batteries, only last until they upgrade their tools. They just discontinued all support, for those on the previous rigid line of tools. We just had a member go through this, and they gave him the shaft.
                            Last edited by MadHatter; 09-05-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

I agree with the Milwaukee comment. I have remodeled a couple houses now using their 12v set of impact/drill. Awesome set. Now I have a bunch of M18 tools because how much I like the 12v

Comment

Working...
                              X