Better dove seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better dove seat?

Ok, hunting a taller field this year. Has anybody found a better seat than those dang buckets or crappy folding chairs? I would really like something a lot taller. So I'm already more up and in position...

Looking for suggestions... Thought about building something but haven't done it and worry if I do it will be very heavy and hard to deal with

I prefer a tailgate with a cooler next to me

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
      I prefer a tailgate with a cooler next to me
      Ha yep. I dont stray far from the truck. Radio playing and cold beers close by. Doesn't bother the birds one bit either.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
        Ha yep. I dont stray far from the truck. Radio playing and cold beers close by. Doesn't bother the birds one bit either.
        Man i thought you were supposed be all decked out in your ghillie suit buried up in a mesquite tree to kill them thangs.

Been doin it wrong fer years.

They do however sell a stick with a seat on it you can kinda sit on but ya aint really sittin.
        Last edited by CaprockRoamer; 08-31-2018, 06:59 AM.

Comment

You have VERY different birds and set ups from us... This isn't an option where we are hunting. And we will start having birds flair off cars by Sunday for sure

Comment

Tall 6gal bucket is all I use.

Comment

Originally posted by Kills-myth View Post
              Tall 6gal bucket is all I use.
              I typically do too... But field is taller than me on the bucket this year. Was cut early and hasn't been cut or shredded again yet...

Looking at "directors chairs" but gotta figure out where to get one today

Comment

What about a cheap bar stool? don't know where you're located but i would think you could probably find an inexpensive option at a walmart

Comment

What about a cheap bar stool? don't know where you're located but i would think you could probably find an inexpensive option at a walmart
                  Was thinking about that too... Lay down some plywood so the legs don't sink in the dirt

I HATE Walmart but... Maybe I'll go B4 ir gets too busy

Comment

I bought one similar to this one:

Taller Tripod Stool

It has wooden legs and a leather seat. It is easier to get up and down out of it than other stools because it is taller. It came from overseas in the auction I bought it.

Here is one from Brookshire, TX but I don't know how tall it is.

Taller Stool

Comment

Thanks Casey... Gonna see what I can get in town. But may order that one with 31 inch hieght

Comment

https://kevinscatalog.com/mac-daddy-caddy

Comment

Still to short, but WOW LOL

Comment

want it, will never buy it. Saw an image of it and figured it would be $100. Over double that....i'll pass..

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X