Help with next gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centex85 View Post
    Its a 30-06 I have no idea what action, it was a bass pro combo package 14 years ago all black with synthetic stock
    you have a long action with a standard .473" bolt face

cartridge options:

6.5x55 Swede
    6mm Remington (6mm-7x57 Mauser)
    7mm Mauser
    8mm Mauser
    9x57, 9.3x57
    9.3x62, 9.3x64
    7x64 Brenneke
    6-284
    6.5-284
    284 Win
    284 Shehane (284 Win parent case, improved)
    30-06 parent case family includes
    • 22-06
    • 6mm-06
    • 6mm Catbird (6-06 AI)
    • 25-06
    • 6.5-06, 6.5-06 A-square, 260 Newton
    • 270 Win
    • 7mm/270, 280 Rem, 7mm-06 (ballistic equivalents, minor chamber spec differences)
    • 30-06
    • 338-06
    • 35 Whelen
    • 375-06

Comment

How about a lever action? Sounds fun

Comment

AR 10. Ultimate hog gun.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
          The 45/70 that I'm trying to sell

But why don't you just rebarrel your 700. A good gunsmith can take your action and work up a really nice, accurate rifle for you.

I would agree on the 45/70 it's perfect for hogs and short distance brush, maybe not the perfect gun for 200 yards. I use a lever Marlin 45/70 for hogs etc and love it.

Comment

How "unaccuate" is the current one? Reason I ask is that bullet selection could cause accuracy issues in the current gun. As could dirty barrel. How many rounds do you think have been cycled through it?

I don't know that I would limit myself to 200 yards now since you never know what you may need later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
              How "unaccuate" is the current one? Reason I ask is that bullet selection could cause accuracy issues in the current gun. As could dirty barrel. How many rounds do you think have been cycled through it?

I don't know that I would limit myself to 200 yards now since you never know what you may need later.
              At 100 yards it shoots 2 inch groups. It probably only has about 80 rounds through it. Never shoot it much, shoot the .270 more.

Comment

80 rounds isn't anything. I bet there is something minor that a good gun smith could find and fix. I would still run a snake through it and clean good then try a few different brands of ammo to see what it likes. Even have someone else shoot a few rounds.

Other than that, a new barrel would work or send it in for a full custom build using the 700 action. It is a true 700 not a 788 or 710 right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                  80 rounds isn't anything. I bet there is something minor that a good gun smith could find and fix. I would still run a snake through it and clean good then try a few different brands of ammo to see what it likes. Even have someone else shoot a few rounds.

Other than that, a new barrel would work or send it in for a full custom build using the 700 action. It is a true 700 not a 788 or 710 right?
                  As far as I know it's a true 700, I don't have the paperwork on it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X