What bow case for a takedown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bow case for a takedown?

What type of bow case do you like for a takedown recurve or longbow? Doesn't necessarily need to be airline-proof, just protected when carrying it in the truck, etc.

Jerp, I went to sportsman's and bought a realtively cheap takedown shotgun case. Cut slots in the foam for the limbs, wrap the riser in a sock, and cut out a rectangle on each end where I could drop in about 8 arrows in alternating directions without mashing the feathers. Works well. It is airline ready (I wouldn't say 'proof' though).

Comment

For protection strung & in the truck, I have a soft zip-up that works well.

Comment

another vote for a gun case.

Comment

Another vote for the gun case. I was able to fit both sets of limbs into mine.

Comment

EXE Takedown cases. Lancaster archery or three rivers has them.

Comment

Originally posted by meangene1969 View Post
              EXE Takedown cases. Lancaster archery or three rivers has them.
              I'll second this recommendation, the case has enough room to cut the foam for your riser and two sets of limbs plus "overhead" storage for a dozen fletched arrows. I haven't done any airline travel, but I have shipped it overseas with no issues whatsoever. I can't remember exactly how much I spent but I want to say it was around $50.

Comment

Google Kathy Kelly design. I use to carry her cases in my shop.

Comment

the link
                  Providing sportsman with packs, custom hunting clothes and traditional archery accessories in today's most popular 'QUIET' fleece camo patterns for over 15 years.

Comment

I just received Rod Jenkins' Safarituff take-down recurve bow case, the $40 one. I really like it. It includes separate limb compartments and it's well padded. It also zippers up closed to keep any other little items from falling out. It has a small outer pocket for a finger tab. It's not protective enough from the brutal treatment of baggage handlers if travelling by air, but it's perfect for transporting in your vehicle.

I didn't know about the shotgun takedown cases til now. I may look into one of those if I ever decide to travel with it by air considering how expensive the SKB type cases are.

Comment

I second the safarituff. Though not very experianced in recurves yet but on the few hunts i went on with it with outher huners i dont think we would of had enough room in the truck if it was not for that case. I was able to get it under my car seat

Comment

Here's a picture of it from the Safarituff website:

Comes in a few different colors, too:

And this page showcases their "Rhino" cases, which are a bit bigger, and a bit more expensive, but they look really good:

Traditional archery gear made in USA. Archery equipment made to last.

When googling Rod's cases, I found lots of praise for them:

Comment

Mine came with a case (Bob Lee), but it is basically the same as Safari Tuff. All you need.

When I had a Blacktail bow I also had a big SKB case for it. Not really needed.

Comment

Just a heads up!
                            Read the small print on the airlines paperwork.
                            Many do not cover lost or damaged "sporting goods".
                            I found out the hard way.
                            Never did figure out how they completely destroyed an aluminium fly rod tube, and rod, that did not even flex when my 225# stood on it.
                            Had to run over it with a forklift.
                            Supervisor at airport did give me two $250 ticket vouchers.
                            Did not have to do that, and that did not replace the rod.

Comment

Working...
                            X