No announcement yet.

hog skinning rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony, The red one with the wheels will work. However, the angled uprights are gonna hinder your skinning capabilities. I would suggest leaving the uprights off and spreading the two bottom runners out to 8 inches apart.

This will cradle your hog and by the time you skin down to the rack, and begin to winch the hog up, you will only have about 4-6 inches of skin remaing on the back of the hog. Hope this helps. If not, I will call Ben and see if he still has the rack and I will get some pics for you.

Comment

I found the pics after digging through some old files. I will post them on face book and try to send them here. If it doesn't work, they will be on my FB page under nate davey.

Comment

What if: There were 4 bars coming up to support the legs of the animal? The ones I saw had these type legs, with bungee chords attached, and we were to strap the legs down while we skinned.
        I just posted on your other thread but I agree. I if the legs were tied open, it would make it a lot easier to use for gutting animals. Wrestling with keeping the legs open is one of the biggest chores when gutting an animal. I would also add 6"x6" plates at each corner to set your beer or knife on.

Comment

nice rack, please post dimension or plans like to build one.

Comment

Working...
          X