No announcement yet.

Art of the Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you make your voting decisions on not liking what 2-3 people have to say rather than on what the actual candidates' records are, well.... It's certainly you're right, but do you really believe that's the wisest way to make your decision?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Trump voters are in it to make a statement and to shake things up, and they love the idea of giving a big giant middle finger to everybody else in the process. If you guys get your guy past the finish line in the primary, there are going to be a lot of us who are going to be inclined to return the favor by not voting for the fraud candidate, Trump. He'd be just as bad as Hillary, and it would be better for the conservative movement in the long run if the Democrats get the blame for the next disaster. At least then we'd have a better shot at getting a real conservative elected next.

I don't like the idea of being taken hostage and forced to vote for one horrible and unprincipled person just so a different horrible unprincipled person loses. If conservatives are guaranteed to lose this election by way of having two lifelong liberal crooks as the two candidates to pick from, then it would make more sense for us to look for a way to ensure the best chance for us to win the next one. Electing a fraud like Trump sure isn't gonna help that happen. He would most likely ruin any chance for a real conservative Republican to get elected next.

Hillary is horrible, and the thought of seeing her sworn in makes me sick too. But at least she would make it easier to elect a real conservative next.

So go ahead with your middle finger vote for Trump if you like. Just realize that the rest of us don't have to go along with you.
      It doesn't matter if you go along or not. After Tuesday your vote doesn't matter. Texas will go GOP, so don't vote, nobody cares

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
        It doesn't matter if you go along or not. After Tuesday your vote doesn't matter. Texas will go GOP, so don't vote, nobody cares
        Probably so, but there are real conservatives like me in every state. Vote for Trump in the primary, and you'll find out in the general.

Comment

Trump voters are in it to make a statement and to shake things up, and they love the idea of giving a big giant middle finger to everybody else in the process. If you guys get your guy past the finish line in the primary, there are going to be a lot of us who are going to be inclined to return the favor by not voting for the fraud candidate, Trump. He'd be just as bad as Hillary, and it would be better for the conservative movement in the long run if the Democrats get the blame for the next disaster. At least then we'd have a better shot at getting a real conservative elected next.

I don't like the idea of being taken hostage and forced to vote for one horrible and unprincipled person just so a different horrible unprincipled person loses. If conservatives are guaranteed to lose this election by way of having two lifelong liberal crooks as the two candidates to pick from, then it would make more sense for us to look for a way to ensure the best chance for us to win the next one. Electing a fraud like Trump sure isn't gonna help that happen. He would most likely ruin any chance for a real conservative Republican to get elected next.

Hillary is horrible, and the thought of seeing her sworn in makes me sick too. But at least she would make it easier to elect a real conservative next.

So go ahead with your middle finger vote for Trump if you like. Just realize that the rest of us don't have to go along with you.
          Yep! I have been trying to like Trump but I out grew the 7yo mentality quite a few years ago! I understand wanting to buck the system but he is a lying jack"donkey" and I cant believe any intellegent person would fall for it! Maybe its just a sign of how desperate we are to shake things up

Comment

Probably so, but there are real conservatives like me in every state. Vote for Trump in the primary, and you'll find out in the general.
            Yep.

Comment

See, but my support of Trump is not in order to irk people. I'm not giving other people the middle finger at all. I like Trump exactly because he is not a politician. I know he is not the most conservative candidate, and I'm actually okay with that. I do know he's switched positions on many policies in the past 30 years and I am also okay with that because people do change their minds (see Ronald Reagan) and see the better side of things. I used to be 100% Cruz, up to about 6 weeks ago. Cruz's demeanor is awful, he can't work with anybody, and is basically the middle finger of the senate. He's also been a politician just about his WHOLE life. I get that he "stands up for his values", but the way he goes about it alienates many people who are on the fence (away from conservative ideals). Trump by no means is close to being the perfect candidate, but he IS NOT A POLITICIAN. I want a businessman in the oval office, and so do many other Americans who are fed up.

If you don't want to vote for Trump after he wins, that's fine. That's your right as an American. Luckily, in Texas Trump won't need your vote. By not showing up at the polls, you are exemplifying the reason people don't like Cruz, he is unwilling to work with anyone but himself. For the record, if Cruz does some how beat Trump, I will vote for him. I think it is extremely important that Hillary does not win. Keep spewing hate at Trump, you're helping his cause.

Comment

Originally posted by texaggie17 View Post
                See, but my support of Trump is not in order to irk people. I'm not giving other people the middle finger at all. I like Trump exactly because he is not a politician. I know he is not the most conservative candidate, and I'm actually okay with that. I do know he's switched positions on many policies in the past 30 years and I am also okay with that because people do change their minds (see Ronald Reagan) and see the better side of things. I used to be 100% Cruz, up to about 6 weeks ago. Cruz's demeanor is awful, he can't work with anybody, and is basically the middle finger of the senate. He's also been a politician just about his WHOLE life. I get that he "stands up for his values", but the way he goes about it alienates many people who are on the fence (away from conservative ideals). Trump by no means is close to being the perfect candidate, but he IS NOT A POLITICIAN. I want a businessman in the oval office, and so do many other Americans who are fed up.

If you don't want to vote for Trump after he wins, that's fine. That's your right as an American. Luckily, in Texas Trump won't need your vote. By not showing up at the polls, you are exemplifying the reason people don't like Cruz, he is unwilling to work with anyone but himself. For the record, if Cruz does some how beat Trump, I will vote for him. I think it is extremely important that Hillary does not win. Keep spewing hate at Trump, you're helping his cause.
                ^^^^well said^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by texaggie17 View Post

The ONLY reason that Cruz seemed to alienate other Repubs in the Senate is because he was the only one with balls enough to buck the POTUS, and not worry about being called a racist. He didn't worry about his next election and pussyfoot around as not to offend. He did exactly what he was elected to do. It was the rest of Congress that were nut less, and caved to the establishment. Now, these same Congressmen that have an (R) behind their name, would do an about face with a Republican President. Yes, even if it were Cruz. As a matter of fact, the *** kissing that would be taking place in D.C. if Cruz were elected would be paramount!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    The ONLY reason that Cruz seemed to alienate other Repubs in the Senate is because he was the only one with balls enough to buck the POTUS, and not worry about being called a racist. He didn't worry about his next election and pussyfoot around as not to offend. He did exactly what he was elected to do. It was the rest of Congress that were nut less, and caved to the establishment. Now, these same Congressmen that have an (R) behind their name, would do an about face with a Republican President. Yes, even if it were Cruz. As a matter of fact, the *** kissing that would be taking place in D.C. if Cruz were elected would be paramount!
                    Cruz does have balls, I will give him that. Unfortunately, you need part of the middle to win an election.

I honestly just hope Hilldog does not win. I'd love to see a Trump Cruz ticket, but I don't think that will happen.

Comment

I would vote for any other Republican candidate besides Cruz - except for Trump. I'm not talking about taking my ball and going home if my guy doesn't win. Scott Walker was my first choice, actually. Cruz is the best remaining candidate if you are a constitutional conservative, so that's who I voted for. But I will be fine if he doesn't get the nomination, as long as Trump doesn't. Heck, Trump is the guy that constantly threatens to run as an independent if the GOP doesn't nominate him.

Trump is a complete fraud. Maybe you have bought his lines about how he's changed. That's fine. I haven't. He bragged a couple weeks ago, in fact, about how he can be completely different any time he wants to be. He has zero commitment to any principles. He just says whatever he needs to say right now, and if he decides tomorrow that it would be better for him to say the opposite, he will. And he won't hesitate or feel bad about it at all. He won't care who was counting on him to keep his word either. He never has.

He's gonna have another life-changing epiphany as soon as the primary is over and the media starts coming after him hard with the mountains of evidence out there that shows what a horrible guy he is. He'll probably decide it will be time to try to get back on the media's and the left's good side. He'll once again discover that he's a NY liberal who loves big government spending and deal making with establishment career politicians, hates evil "assault weapons", loves Planned Parenthood, etc....

I'm not saying all this to make you or anybody else mad. I'm just trying to point out the reality of who the guy is before votes are cast. He's a very effective manipulator, and he's grown quite a following among people who claim to hate everything that he is. I'd sure like to see those folks wake up to reality before it's too late. That's all. It's kinda important.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        Exactly.

Trump fans don't like Cruz because he went against the establishment, called them liars to their faces, and stood up for constitutional principles.

Trump fans like Trump because they think that he will fight against the establishment, tell them like it is right to their faces, and he'll stand up for constitutional principles to make America great again.

I'm really confused on whether they like or dislike a politically incorrect anti-establishment guy who is man enough to stand and tell it like it is. Personally, I like that kind of guy. I like him even better if he's sincere and committed to it though, and not just putting on a fake show during campaign season.

Comment

Well Shane, there is one thing for sure. If Trump goes all the way, and becomes POTUS, then Obama will be the SECOND greatest hoax perpetuated on the American people.

Comment

Probably so. I sure hope we're smarter than that. What a GOLDEN opportunity this year to get the right kind of president elected. And we're gonna waste it and elect a scam artist....again??

Lord, help us.

Comment

This should have been a slam dunk election for the Republicans to put a true Constitutional Conservative in the WH. Then comes along another "hope and change" mouth piece, snake oil salesman. And what a salesman he must be. Unfreakingbelievable!

Comment

Well, I just hope we are all wrong. If trump gets elected I hope and pray that in the following years all of you trump supporters can come back and laugh at all of us who don't buy what he is selling. Because the alternative is much worse than eating crow. I have a feeling that even if he is horrible and completely flops y'all are still going to back him and blame it on someone else, just as Obama supporters do. I honestly hope I am wrong, but for now I am going to cross my fingers and just hope that Cruz wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X